The Strokes - First Impressions Of Earth

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bdb

On the B side of life
Some songs are OK, some are truely awful. They seem to be trying to get into a softer sound on many of the songs, and I really don't think they should go there.

neb

I wasn't really excited by this release, it seems that I thought they could never achieve the heights of Is This It?. By the lukewarm reception that this album has been received with, looks like I was right.

Mas

I got bored 5 songs into the album. I kept listening and didn't hear anything good and by the time I got to Ize Of The World I stopped listening.

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
I've just bought it, and I'm not particularily impressed so far. It has a few good songs on it, but they weren't even that good.

Still, I'm still making my way through it so perhaps I will be surprised. :)

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Still considering if I should get this one. I think I'll get the latest one by Foo Fighters instead.

casa~la~rocka

candy cane child
papayaninja said:
Not going to pick it up after reading this thread.
Agreed. I'd like to remember The Strokes as the band that enthralled me with 'Is this it'?

I went out and purchased Arcade Fire's 'Funeral' instead. So far, not bad.:) (sorry for going OT)

Scout&Jem

Bought First Impressions of Earth on January 3rd... I don't care what the reviews say, its very good and different!

laston

I really like the first song on the album. Everyone should give it a listen and decide for themselves. I like it.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Juicebox is the single. It probably sounds good...

I think I'll get Is This It instead...

Mas

Yeah, Is This It I liked a lot, it's a pretty good album.

darling_nikki

I expected another Room On Fire debacle, but I have to say i like the new one a lot.

Credit to the boys for not sticking to the same exact formula and taking risks while keeping some of the elements the same..