The same Apple ID.... but only specific content?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi Folks,

I have my normal Apple ID which I use on my MAC and other home devices, works well etc.

I now have a work iPhone and would like to use my main Apple I.D on it..... however

I would like to restrict this to viewing my iCloud music library only, nothing else.

My new work vehicle supports Apple Car play from my phone and it would be great to have my cloud based music library available on it. My full music library is in iCloud through the iTunes Match subscription.

However as you can appreciate i don't want by personal iCloud email, photo's, documents etc appearing on my work phone, (never a great idea to mix everything up).

Is there anyway to achieve this practically or as i suspect with apple I.D and iCloud is it an 'all or nothing approach' where i cant just pick and choose?

Obviously when at home, can be achieved through home sharing but in a vehicle and in remote locations, different matter.

Appreciate your help

Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
If you look at your iCloud options, you can see that there are many options.
You can turn off iCloud email, photos and documents on the work phone.

Check with the work IT department to make sure and make sure they won’t be putting an Apple ID of their own on it.

DJSimonmurray

If you look at your iCloud options, you can see that there are many options.
You can turn off iCloud email, photos and documents on the work phone.

Check with the work IT department to make sure and make sure they won’t be putting an Apple ID of their own on it.
Thank you, i will have a look at the icloud preferences on the MAC and hopefully sort from there. Thanks for taking the time to revert
Best
Simon