The Official iPod classic Discussion Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

paranoidxe

Both my 5th gen and 120gb 7th gen are flushed.

As far as sound difference, I have not noticed a difference between my 80gb classic and my 120gb classic. I do however notice a significant difference between the 5th gen and the classics, its especially apparent when you get high quality head phones.

flyfortress

I'm a bit saddened that it's no longer a thing of beauty. I love my sleek white ipod - this grey thing looks bland. I'll probably get a black one when i do upgrade. Really happy with the storage increase though because i subscribe to quite a few video podcasts and i have a few movies and several tv shows in itunes which makes the ipod touch useless for me.
I recently purchased the new Classic, and I got the silver one, and while I am very happy w/the performance, I realize I should have gotten the black one. (get the BLK 1!)

This is my 1st pod, so I gues I shouldnt complain.

flyfortress

I recently purchased the new Classic, and I got the silver one, and while I am very happy w/the performance, I realize I should have gotten the black one. (get the BLK 1!)

This is my 1st pod, so I gues I shouldnt complain.

flyfortress

The price points for the classic iPods are phenomenal, and I will pick the 160GB over the iPod touch. The main reason is that I already own an iPhone, so all the "touch" can offer me is 8gb additional storage. That doesn't warrant dropping another $400 on a product.

I'm really impressed though, the classic looks great and 160GB far exceeded my expectations: I expected 100GB or 120GB if we were lucky.
be cairfull with the classic though.

while the HDD's in Ipods are pretty robust, they still have moving parts.

Ive your gonna be putting it through any punishment w/out something like an iskin I would go for solid state tech. Like the nano.

flyfortress

What changes can apple bring to the next iPod Classic? Any suggestions?
I would like the 0% mark on the screen brightness to be a little dimmer, I think it could help save battery power.

And maybe they could make the selection panes, (Music, Videos, and other catagories), custumizable, like if you could choose the color scheem.

flyfortress

Hello my fellow perfectionist! :)

I would say that it should be perfectly flush with the body. I mean it makes sense right?

I don't think it will cause any problems though, nor will it realy warrant a refund or anything.

sebastlim

hope someone can help me..

ipod classic here..

after i switched it off, i would move the top button( to hold) and sometimes, it would turn on after i move that slider.. could it be because that slider thing is spoilt or is the motherboard spoilt?..

SingPod

iPod to computer after hard drive crash

I've been following Jess David Hollington's superb directions for reverse uploading all the content on my 160 GB iPod to a new computer after the old one crapped out. I am trying to use the brute force method. After duly telling iTunes NOT to "erase and synch," after checking "Enable Disk Use," and after telling windows to show hidden files ad folders, my computer still can't read the iPod as a disk in drive E and iTunes ejects the iPod right away. There is a window that pops up saying, "Enabling the iPod for disk use requires manually ejecting the iPod before each disconnect, even when automaically synching music." The only choices offered are "do not warn me again," "OK" and "cancel." Anybody know what to do?

dirkpitt20

I have a new pc with windows 7 and I have already transferred all of my songs. how do I get the ipod to sync?

paranoidxe

I have a new pc with windows 7 and I have already transferred all of my songs. how do I get the ipod to sync?
- Install iTunes
- Load all your songs into your iTunes library
- Hook up your iPod

iTunes SHOULD ask you to automatically sync your iPod with your library.

sigkaplt99

Adding songs to a playlist in iPod Classic

I want to know if it is possible to add music to an existing playlist in my iPod Classic? The song is no longer on my iTunes. Is there a way to copy it into a Playlist, other than an On-the-Go one?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I want to know if it is possible to add music to an existing playlist in my iPod Classic? The song is no longer on my iTunes. Is there a way to copy it into a Playlist, other than an On-the-Go one?
If you have the "Manually manage music and video" option selected for your iPod, then yes you can drag the song into a regular playlist. Just connect to iTunes, click on the small triangle to the left of your iPod's name to expose its contents, then find the song in the Music section and drag it to the desired playlist.

casacristeva

can anyone please help me?

I have a classic 120gb ipod, and on shuffle songs it will play about 10 songs - then have a long pregnant pause, then carry on for another few songs....... it is very annoying - can I cure this please?

Also is there an alternative to itunes? I found this program to be very annoying and not particularly user friendly - not saying its not good, but just not my cup of tea!

many thanks to you genius people out there!

Steve

jessmw1

random on the go playlist

I have an ipod classic, 160 gb, 6th generation.

Whenever I select a song to add to the on-the-go playlist my ipod adds a random song instead of the one i selected.

Ive already tried restarting. Any other suggestions??

europodguy

Dear all,

Is there any fix for the problems of connecting the iPod Classic 80 GB model to iTunes 9.1. The iTunes application does not recognize the iPod and freezes. Thanks for any help, this has been a big problem for a long time.........

haffner1

Sound Quality

I was considering upgrading to the new 160GB from the 80GB, but I was wondering if any progress has been made on the sound quality issue from that chipset as detailed here:http://homepage.mac.com/marc.heijligers/audio/ipod/comparison/measurements/measurements.html

I have had 2 creative labs players and both sound better than my 80GB ipod. I don't really want to upgrade if it has the same issues, even if the capacity is larger.
Sorry if this is a repost, but most of what I found when I searched the forums talked about sound quality in subjective terms, and not whether they actually fixed the technical problems with it.

lewagner

I have recently acquired a Classic 160GB and it works like all my previous IPods except---- I have always dragged music from my desktop into the IPod and did so this time. But I made some errors and so removed the music thinking I would drag a corrected version into the IPod. For some strange reason
I can't drag ANYTHING to the IPod now.

What might I have done wrong?

It is as thought the music on my desktop is missing some vital component and the IPod doesn't recognize it.

Please give any advice you deem fit.

Many thanks and regards,

Leo Wagner
[email protected]

elsiPod

Hi! I'm new here and wasn't sure where to post my question. I have a 120g Classic iPod and was wondering if there is a way to play Bejeweled and listen to music at the same time. I've looked in the Settings, Extras and anywhere else I can think of. I can turn the game sounds off and music will play until I hit the wheel to drop jewels, then switch to the next song.

If there's not a way to be able to do that, I hope they can think of a way. :D

Oh, how do I find out what generation I have? I bought it brand new this time last year, I guess shortly before the 160g one came out. Would have waited on that had I not been an iPod newbie at that time and uninformed as to what was coming out!

Thanks!

-lisa