The official iPhone discussion thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Germansuplex

My silence-ringer switch is actually very stiff as well (in a good way.. I like the way it feels). Maybe my volume buttons are poorly fitted or something. I can live with it, but the difference from the 2G model is far from minimal. I may go to an AT&T store and check the display models.

I suspect you're right in that the SDK is preventing something from scrobbling the tracks or Last.fm would have included it, or Mobil Scrobbler would be on the App Store already. I do find it odd that there are programs that will allow you to "post" pictures from your album collections onto a page for others to see (Zintin), but will not allow you to fully submit these pics to a website. Other people are able to see them, so I'm not sure what the rule is trying to prevent.

Despite the many great apps, the issues caused by restrictions of the SDK are quickly popping up.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
overall I think the look of the iPhone 3G is outstanding. The original iPhone was cool, but it just felt like a flat brick against the side of your head, not to mention the odd black strip for the wifi antenna module. I dig the plastic, espescially since it seems to help with all the radio signals.

Last edited:

hardcle

Germansuplex said:
LI'm just a bit miffed there is no sproggler program to submit the tracks to Last.fm. I really don't want to jailbreak because Mobile Sproggler was the only program I jailbroke the 2G for... I'd hate to do it this for only one lousy program. Come on Apple, give us some last.fm submission capabilities.

jhollington said:
It wouldn't be difficult to write a scrobbler application that could at least read in the information from your iPhone's "recently played" list, but I suspect the current SDK "Sandbox" restrictions are getting in the way of that -- I don't think third-party apps are permitted access to any media content.
There already is a scrobbler (for Windows anyway) that works with iPhone.
Some people have been having problems with iTunes 7.7, but I've been using it and it works fine for me.

Germansuplex

hardcle said:
There already is a scrobbler (for Windows anyway) that works with iPhone.
Some people have been having problems with iTunes 7.7, but I've been using it and it works fine for me.
We're talking about sproggling directly from the iPhone. There's an app called "Mobile Sproggler" for jailbroken iPhones that scrobbles tracks from the phone itself. I already have iSproggler, it's a good program, but doesn't help for on-the-go sproggling.

CMegalodon

This may sound stupid - but how can I make a call on my 3G without it being dropped? I got the phone at introduction and about 50% of the calls drop. My boss understands because he has one - the Wife thinks I am hanging up on here - LOL

10-Dee-Q

Hi Guys,
just quick questions,

which one is better buy ?

Brand New iPhone 2G 16GB
or
Brand New iPhone 3G 8GB

both offered to me in same price.

i intend to use it as 2nd phone , i have my primary phone,
and i'll use it to simply replace my ipod touch , playing games, etc.
i don't need 3G and GPS.

so basically which one is better to get ?

rafayj

Website
www.iunlockiphone3g.com
10-Dee-Q said:
Hi Guys,
just quick questions,

which one is better buy ?

Brand New iPhone 2G 16GB
or
Brand New iPhone 3G 8GB

both offered to me in same price.

i intend to use it as 2nd phone , i have my primary phone,
and i'll use it to simply replace my ipod touch , playing games, etc.
i don't need 3G and GPS.

so basically which one is better to get ?
I Suggest Your Get A IPhone 3G 8Gb Brand New , its Good ! Better Than 2G !

sirlockzallot

Help!!

Okay I jailbreak my iphone and I am now having t-mobile as a provide. I was just wondering if anyone know if I update my iphone firewire through itune would that make my iphone locked again since it is originally from AT&T. Can anyone provide me with any information or once I update it will I have to jail break it again if I do does anyone know where I can download a jailbreak for the new update. This is for the original g2 iphone not g3 please help

Website
www.ilounge.com
Hi and welcome to iLounge.

The short answer is yes. Jailbreaking involves the installation of a custom/patched firmware onto your iPhone that differs from the one provided by Apple through iTunes. If you install an update from iTunes, then you're getting the original firmware version back, which will require proper activation through iTunes with an authorized iPhone carrier.

If you've jailbroken and you're using your iPhone with a non-approved carrier, you should never update your iPhone through iTunes itself when it prompts you.... Instead you need to wait for the jailbreak dev community to release the patched/jailbroken version of the firmware update, which generally takes anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.

HorrorMan

Banned
i love my iphone more than i love my wife !!!
[i just had to get it out of my chest]

spwhaley

Alarm Platlist question

Hello I am having no luck getting my gen1 iPhone to play my playlist to the alarm on my iHome iP9. I set up a playlist called iHome like the direction explained. It works in the sleep mode and turns off the iPhone but when I set it to play playlist on the alarm I just get the buzzer. The radio works for the alarm mode as does the buzzer but the reason I purchased it was for the playlist wake up function. I contacted iHome and they suggested I reset the iPhone and iHome which I did but that didn't solve anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

v/r

Shawn

Poat84

set of 500 unbilled data usage records, or to view your previous set of 500 records, click the appropriate link below.

What does this mean?It was on my online account Im new to AT&T

Poat84

Hi i am trying to enable MMS and i have been looking for itunes 8.2 beta but cant find it. Can someone poiint me into the right directioon please. T.I.A!:confused:

mblues

INTERNET connection

hi,
I am in dlemma at this moment, my iphone 3gs 16gb unable connect with internet...everytime I try n tap at the safari the pop up will say safari does not connect to internet in fact if I use wifi then the safari works. I changed using my other sim card and yet the same thing happened. So to all, please with is wrong with my iphone.

My iphone cannot connect to internet using safari but wifi can...is it one of the possibility of safari not working when once i try to update my iphone to new version but the update was cancelled.Other application still works.incoming and outgoind call still ok but only internet connection does not works although i used different kind of sim card?

Last edited by a moderator:

Airbrushed

INTERNET Connection Reply

hi,
I am in dlemma at this moment, my iphone 3gs 16gb unable connect with internet...everytime I try n tap at the safari the pop up will say safari does not connect to internet in fact if I use wifi then the safari works. I changed using my other sim card and yet the same thing happened. So to all, please with is wrong with my iphone.

My iphone cannot connect to internet using safari but wifi can...is it one of the possibility of safari not working when once i try to update my iphone to new version but the update was cancelled.Other application still works.incoming and outgoind call still ok but only internet connection does not works although i used different kind of sim card?
I would check with AT&T. We have several hundred iPhones at work, and I see this a lot - usually has something to do with the way that the account is set up at AT&T. Usually - it's the data connection plan not being set up all the way / correctly... Hope this helps. :)

thomostash

Hi everybody,

Righty oh, ive come into the possesion of some cheap iphones. They seemingly have came from japan and ive noticed a few things when i switched them on. They are sim unlocked so can be used on any network but ive noticed the screen resolution does not seem to be the same as the UK model, ive also noticed the menus seem to work slightly differently and simple things such as looking through your phone book require a different process, other than that the format seems to be the same (apart from the fact its full of dodgy japanese pop albums).

Im wondering if they could be fake or whether this is merely to do with the software loaded in for a different country in which case would it be possible to install them with UK spec software??

Does anyone on here have any ideas or have had similar issues with 'shady' iphones.....have i been robbed??

As you can probably tell im not a techie but do have a bit of an idea of what im doing but any advice i receive (especially in lamens terms) would be much appreciated.

Cheers.