The official iPhone discussion thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kobeking824

Well the "wide-screen" "video" "iphone" is here. Its very nice, but not $600 nice...:eek: It will sell like mad i'm sure, but i'll wait for a cheaper model...

Would have been nice to have a model with no phone and add 80gb harddrive though... I'd buy that now...

Sponge
In china, you can take one iphone 4s for 5090 RMB! HOW DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT?

ProTos

Any preview of the new iphone ? I`m really interested to see at least the new functions ?! cheers

peterthomas

which is the best mobile company in iphone 4s??

Regards,
Selva.
Are you spamming or what? I mean you seems like writing something which you dont understand yourself. :p

Check your question, you are asking about the company of iphone 4S? Dont u know its Apple? :D

peterthomas

When apple will launch next their iPhone??
I haven't heard much news about the next iphone, however I did heard a lot about another device, known as ipad mini, which will be small in size than ipad and having almost all functions of an iPad!

SilverBullet3G

Heard on the news this morning that Apple is having some issues with Sharp manufacturing the new iphone 5's screen/display. They said this might mean a shortage of the new iphone 5, which they said should be out in a few weeks, which would be mid-September.

For those who have waited in line at a store to get a new iphone in the past, do you have any suggestions, other than getting there super early? I plan on getting the iphone 5 (i have a regular iphone 4 (not 4S) right now and am eligible for an upgrade. Want to get the iphone 5 32GB which will cost me $299. Am not sure if any Apple stores will be taking any pre-orders online or if you have to wait in line at the store like everyone else, but I plan on doing that!

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
It's actually very unlikely that the rumours of limited component availability will affect the initial launch in the U.S. and other key countries. It's likely that the main reason Apple has been spacing out its international release dates over the past couple of years is to deal with these kind of component issues, so if there's a shortage it's likely to affect worldwide release dates in other countries, which is something that you'd probably not even notice, since Apple doesn't announce these roll-out dates until they're standing on stage at the event. It's a pretty easy thing for Apple to quietly move one or two countries into a later release "slot" if they have a shortage of units to meet expected demand.

As for pre-orders, Apple has in the past taken pre-orders for full price, non-contract, unlocked iPhones and there's no reason to assume it won't do the same this time around. If you're upgrading on contract, however, this may differ... Apple took carrier pre-orders with the iPhone 4S on AT&T last year and will possibly to the same this year, but for other carriers in other countries you may need to deal with the carriers themselves on this one, particularly if you're dealing with a hardware upgrade rather than a new contract.

It's also likely that September 12th will simply be the date the iPhone is announced -- it may not go on sale until later in the month, and again this will vary by country.

SilverBullet3G

Great info, Jesse. Thank you. I do have a contract with AT&T and will continue that when I get the new iphone 5. I will most likely be standing in line the morning of the public sale. Not sure if I want to go to my local AT&T store which is 5 minutes away, or if I'll go to the nearest Apple store in Bethesda, Maryland, which is about 30-40 minutes away. I think it would be more fun to wait with others at the Apple store though :)

dan4877

I'll be waiting in line with you bud. Of course probably in quite a different area of the country. Work off to get the new iphone? Yeah might as well :)

SilverBullet3G

I'll be waiting in line with you bud. Of course probably in quite a different area of the country. Work off to get the new iphone? Yeah might as well :)
Just not sure what time I should go wait in line when it is released. I mean if the store opens at 8am or 9am, Im assuming I should get there at least 3-4 hours ahead of time, but who knows. Not sure I want to spend the night at the store though. Whatever I do, I will try and wait in line with others just to share in the experience and excitement with everyone :) I am in Maryland. Where are you at Dan?

SilverBullet3G

Heard on the news last night that Sept. 12th Apple is planning to officially announce the iphone 5. Not exactly sure when it'll be released but could be a week or two later. Heres a link. I like the "hidden message" photo with the "12" and shadow of "5" :)

Apple confirms 'iPhone 5' event

SilverBullet3G

Interesting, but its not like Apple is losing money. They just need a way to convert these blackberry and android users over to the iphone. I guarantee the release of the iphone5 is going to help alot! I cant wait!

kornchild2002

The slump in iPhone sales is normal and happens before every new/updated iPhone launch. Sales of the iPhone 3GS decreased a few months before the iPhone 4 was launched, same thing with the iPhone 4 before the iPhone 4s launch. Many people would rather wait the 2-4 months for the new iPhone than buy one that is going to be replaced. The people who buy iPhones now are either ill-informed, don't care, or (for lack of a better word) suckers.

There is always an alternative to standing in line too: going online and pre-ordering as soon they are available. You wouldn't have to miss work, won't have to stand in line with a bunch of other people and fight for it, the new iPhone will be delivered straight to your door on launch day (or maybe even 1-2 days before). I stood in line for the iPad but only because I reserved one online for an in-store pickup. Apple didn't have that option for the iPad 2 so I stuck it out in line again but had to fight off people just to get the one I wanted. Things were different for the iPad 3 as I walked into Best Buy and they had a ton of them but, if I had the intention of buying an iPad that day, I would have just pre-ordered one the week before from Apple.

If I was going to get an iPhone 5 on launch day, I would just hound Apple's website until the pre-order option is available and get one in time for it to be delivered by the launch day and not wait out in line for hours to fight for a 16GB model when I really wanted a 32GB or 64GB iPhone but having the stores run out of those. I have to wait until November due to my contract not running out until then so I won't really have to worry about it by then.

SilverBullet3G

Good info and advice, Kornchild, thank you. After todays official announcement by Apple, I will then keep an eye on their site for any pre-order option, which I will do. I am eligible for an upgrade now, so I wont have to wait and I can get it for $299 with my AT&T contract.

My only worry is if the rumors are true about the screen size being bigger, then how long will it take for apple or other manufacturers to make screen protector sheets for the new iphone5. I still have a few for my iphone4 that I could use temporarily even though it'll be too short, but will be better than nothing. Also with the new connector port size on the new iphone5, its going to upset a lot of people who own docks, chargers, accessories now. Wont really affect me, I use my ipod for all the other things anyway. Cant wait. They said about 1pm EST is when the official announcement is going to take place. I hope I can watch it online somewhere!

travis91

I guarantee the release of the iphone5 is going to help alot! I cant wait!
so now that the iPhone5 was presented, are you still sure about that? I'm kind of disapointed, aren't you too? I mean there's no innovation or something that makes you go "wow"...maybe the iOS6 will!?