• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

***the Next Ipod***

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
Think about how skinny the video ipods are now... compare that with the nano's... well i think apple will replace the shuffle with something about the same size of a credit card... and skinny as hell too... thinksecret recently reported that the next shuffle would be as "thin as a peice of gum"... but with a screen.. in the colors of black and white... think about it people... your ipod in one of your credit card holders in your wallet... what could be more convienient?

aluren

i wonder where we're gonna plug our headphones into now... if its as thin as a credit card, then the headphone jack must be thicker than the player itself. but a credit card size ipod sounds good to me.

AndrewG9

I think that it's possible a "nano-thin" shuffle could come out. I don't see it being more than 512MB and I don't think it would have a screen either.

anypats

I will say this on the record right now - the next Shuffle or nano will not be as thin as a credit card or stick of gum (especially if it has a screen). First thing you have to think about was mentioned by aluren above - it must be at least as thick as a headphone jack. The only way they could make it smaller would be to make proprietary headphones which would eliminate the usage of 3rd party headphones. Of course adapters could come out but how ugly would that be on a so-thin-you-can-almost-see-through-it iPod. Second thing to think about is how is it going to dock/charge? I don't see that anything is going to go away from the current dock connector or USB. If it is USB then the iPod needs to be thicker than the headphone jack. If it is a dock connector it still has to be about as thick as a headphone jack.

If they were to create an iPod that used new types of charging, proprietary headphones and the like I think they would not sell all that well just for the fact that so many people have so many accessories that fit the current dock connectors and you have so many people that don't use the stock ear buds.

That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it until I am proved otherwise by an announcement from Apple.

StupidJvnl

I think that if they have a credit card shuffle design then they would definitely have to wireless with the headphones. Also, they would have to make it out of something much more sturdy because the nano isn't even that thin but people are breaking those left and right. The charging issue is a great point, and I don't have any idea how apple could get around that. I have a feeling that the ipod nano is about as thin as it is going to get, but thats just my opinion. If anyone can work around technical challenges its definitely Apple!

enjoisoad

Nano's breaking left and right? Show me a broken nano that wasen't part of the few that had a defect in the screen and were promptly replased.

Fergi

Sexy Lounger
Website
www.theweaselpit.com
I have a friend who has a Nano and she "accidentally" hit it with a hammer. There is about a golfball sized dent in the back of it. It makes me sad that some poor little Nano had to die because of a careless owner.

...The point? Oh, right...there was no point. Just thought I'd share that story with you. :)

-Chris

enjoisoad

StupidJvnl said:
go to apple forums
tons of people are complaining about breaking their screen after sitting on it or dropping it
Ive droped mine onto tile naked numerous time and was only greeeted with scratches. As for sitting on it. I have no sympathy for people who put cell phones, ipods, claculators etc.. in their back pockets. No little electronic device should have to endure over a hundred lbs of pressure not to mention the extreme angle from the curveture of your butt and pants pockets.

Fergi

Sexy Lounger
Website
www.theweaselpit.com
enjoisoad said:
No little electronic device should have to endure over a hundred lbs of pressure not to mention the extreme angle from the curveture of your butt and pants pockets.
That was the most entertaining thing I've ever read in the iLounge forums. Ahahahahaahaha.

I'm going to make you a medal or something.

-Chris

mr dirby

Hydraulic Lounger
Website
sinerjy.net
an ipod with wireless headphones would be sweet. i know nike has a nice pair of bluetooth headphones. maybe the ipod would charge via solar panal like a caculator or something. but how would you put music onto it? maybe the whole thing is wireless. and you just stash it somewhere safe. (I agree not in your back pocket).

if we are talking that small could the ipod be a wireless device that is only a headphones unit. or is that too cheesy. I hope we all don't look like trekies too soon. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

mr dirby

Quillz

Enlightened
Website
www.quillz.net
The shuffle will not have a screen. It would defeat the entire purpose of the shuffle in the first place. I think a 2G shuffle will definately be available in black and white, and possibly thinner. I imagine that the prices will remain the same, as will the storage capacities.

mr dirby

Hydraulic Lounger
Website
sinerjy.net
I agree with your thoughts on the smaller size. I'm not sure so i'm just asking this. But is there a point where it will be too small to deliver quality sound? How much power do you need to have a decent output.

jonnyk429

Website
www.thegizmoshack.com
I think that it's almost infinite. I mean there has to be a limit somewhere, but I would say that the limit is being invisible.
Just look over the past 20 years, if someone died then and then came back today they would be totatlly surprised.
I don't even know if they had the floppy disks then LOL

mr dirby

Hydraulic Lounger
Website
sinerjy.net
good point. althought i will admit i do like the state of my current ipod (30GB Photo). It is just the right size for a pocket. easy to hook up to multiple systems. and is a backup drive which i use very often. I am waiting for the phone and the ipod to become one. Which no one discussed in this thread. I mean does anyone use that ipod phone? That may be the real future.

mr dirby

Hydraulic Lounger
Website
sinerjy.net
Ya i still don't know about the rokr. I love my razr tho so i don't know if i'll give that up any time soon. i hope apple makes a sweet phone when i'm ready to upgrade.