The Little File Icon (what is it?)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chrisiam

Hello, We got the new 10G iPod (the second iPod used on one PC) and I quikly downloaded a special playlist which will hold music just for this iPod. I have two questions:

1. The new 10G came in on a new letter (E:) and was recognized by MC9, after a couple of tries. The 20G iPod was given it's own letter (F:) when I started with MC9. By the way, MC9 did not ask me to format when I began the transfer.

2. After disconnecting safely, the iPod has the dreaded (!) with the little file icon in the window, which will not not go away by pushing menu and pause (all I could think of). I cannot turn on the iPod. I plugged the iPod back in to the PC, and all that I transfered is there. When I plug the iPod in to recharge, the icon remains.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks, Christopher

P.S. Update: I disconnected again from the PC, and now the check mark with "OK to Dis..." is there and will not go away...

ashawley

Website
www.
Something got messed up somehow. Are you sure you're selecting the iPod from the correct spot in MC9? Under CDs, DVDs and Handhelds?

Don't select the drive from under my computer.

Anyway, a quick restore will solve the folder icon problem. Use the iPod updater to restore the iPod. If you can't get rid of the "OK to Disconnect", just try a reset w/it connected to a power source.

Adam

Chrisiam

This Letter Thing...

Thanks for the speedy reply, Adam.

Yes, I know where to select it from... in MC9. But it came right in under (E:). That's the new iPod. My first instinct was to rename it, like you had me do with the 10G, but a form window came up that said it's not formatted (In the PC's "my Computer").

I will now restore. By the way I just plugged in again, and Adam, it recognizes PERFECTLY (with E). It shaow s the whole playlist I d/l. You don't know what a joy that is to be recognized with an iPod after 6 months of restarting, etc.... My 20G has been returned with the lines - barcode looking thing I described to you, so I can't compare. Could I just renam the 20G with E? Oh, by the way will they send me a new version of the iPod (30G)? Just curious...

CMB

Chrisiam

In the first sentence above it should read "like you had me do with the 20G" Thanks...

I restored....... the little file is still there, and the bar for the quick recharge didn't ever come, nor the selection of language. the words "Disc Mode" appeared in the window at the top before I restored. Thanks, CMB