The best bands no one knows about

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Masta_P92

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about bands that are either on independent record labels or bands that know one really knows about. Everyone post a message about a cool band that you like that still has yet to be heard of.
If you can, it would be cool if you could post a url that links to the bands website or to a place where we could hear some of their music.

I belive this will help expand our musical horizons.

SocksRule

I'm a big fan of Relient K. They are a "Christian" rock band, but they talk about life, (like every time they take a step forward it's two steps back), I have yet to actually hear a religious word in their lyrics. pretty cool band, they have some random songs to, like one they talk gibberish for most of the song.

Last edited:

MikeM

Retired
Candiria
Do you like hardcore? Do you like jazz? Then you'll love this group. A crazy mix of distorted guitars, screaming vocals, and jazz rythyms. Some songs mix standard jazz right in.

Last edited:

Masta_P92

How bout Hot Water Music,
They have been around for a while but know one knows them, if you like bands like alkaline trio you might like hwm, b/c they did a split together. The newer hwm stuff is on iTunes but their old stuff is much better.

ADVISORY! Lots of screaming and hard to understand lyrics, but the dueling vocals are somethink no one should miss, turnstile is a really good song, its on Fuel For the Hate Game. Go to noidearecords and check them out.

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
Spoon, Placebo - heard of both, meh.

Now an Aussie band that even us Aussies don't know about - Full Scale. These guys rock. My favourite band right now.

Listen to these two samples, the full songs themselves are heaps better, but here goes anyway.

Smiles

Billy

And if you are planning on *cough*downloading*cough* some songs, you must get 'Party Political' and 'Empty Texas', now :)

MikeM

Retired
Adam said:
Now an Aussie band that even us Aussies don't know about - Full Scale. These guys rock. My favourite band right now.
Excellent! I've liked most of what I've heard in the other posts so far, but this is the first group that I would really follow up on. [I may use a Pepsi cap or two for some Postal Service- some of that was interesting.]

They remind me of Boston-style hardcore. Simple, in-your-face sound with a lot of "stop-and-go" rythyms. Sweet.

I may have to 'find' some of their stuff. :)

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
MikeM, live they are bar-none. Much of it gets lost in translation.

I have seen quite a few bands live: A Perfect Circle, Metallica, Deftones, Muse, Chili Peppers, Jack Johnson, and Queens of the Stoneage. But none compare to the energy that these guys have. I think they are coming to the US soon, but they're only doing 4 shows, I've seen them 5 times so far, and it just keeps getting better.

thetabor

Website
www.homepage.mac.com
You guys post a lot of heavy stuff- me no likey. But, I'm weird, so deal with it. Anyway, my favorite band for a long time is Brave Saint Saturn, or BS2 for short. They have an interesting sound that I really like. They're lyrics are clear and easy-to-understand, and best of all they're music is CLEAN. They also have these cool mini-things in between some of the songs. go to bravesaintsaturn.com

They are Christian band, just to make sure everyone knows. One of things I like about 'em is thier storytelling style. The chorus is rarely sung more than 3 times, so it always makes you drift off into your own little world, listening to the lyrics.

Email or PM me for a sample.

rotojunkie

Website
www.rotojunkie.com
If you like nice guitar work and tight harmonies, check out the Texas group Los Lonely Boys. They've got a great sound and their debut album is excellent.

Sound like a combination of Stevie Ray Vaughan/Carlos Santana/Richie Valens.

Give them a shot.

knarf135

Simplistic is a rock group... most of the songs I like of theirs are not on their site but the ones you can hear are good. The best one to hear is "high"

Also Submersed they will be on the punisher soundtrack and are signed by windup

And last: Logan they are "have talks with a top record executive with the aim of signing a record deal."