The applicaton "Monkey Ball" cannot be opene

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Palfince

I keep getting this error message whenever I try to open the super monkey ball app on my ipod touch. This has happened twice, the first time it was after I had completed "monkey island - easy" and I uninstalled it and reinstalled it which deleted all my data. I have just completed "monkey island - hard" on it and it now says "The application Monkey Ball cannot be opened."

Does anyone know if there is any other way of fixing this because I don't want to lose my data on the game again, and again, and again, everytime this happens.

It also happen on my TapTap Revenge app, but that doesn't matter as much...

Thanks

Ed2020

I'd try a full restore through iTunes then reinstall the app. I'm not sure whether iTunes backup will back up your game save data.

Ed.

Palfince

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not going to do that as I'd rather lose the data on one of my games than on all of them...unless the itunes backup system works and to be honesty I don't want to be the one to find out.

Palfince

I just uninstalled it and tried reinstalled it. While reinstalling it, it keeps saying, "The application "Monkey Ball" was not installed on the iPod "iPod" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)."

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it before and it worked fine but now it doesn't.

Luck really isn't on my side today...

Any ideas??

Phoenixfury

Hook your Touch up to iTunes and select the applications tab. Put a check in selected applications, then select all of them except Super Monkey Ball. When you Sync it, it should remove Super Monkey Ball from your Touch. Then go back to the applications tab then select all applications. This should put Super Monkey Ball back on your iPod.

If that don't work, go into your iTunes music folder and make a back up copy of your applications folder.. (just in case something go's wrong.) Then from the ipod Touch hold down any of the icons until they jiggle.. Then hit the X on Super Monkey Ball. This will delete it from your Touch. Go back into the App store on your Touch and Redownload Super Monkey Ball. It will warn you that you already downloaded it, but you can download it again for free. Then select to download it again.