• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

The Apple stores are down

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Provboy

Apple Stores Down/New iBooks & Mac minis

mmm. new products

Last edited by a moderator:

swy32x

New iBooks :) New Mac minis :)

Bluetooth normalised on nearly all Apple computers.

Thread renamed :D

Jackonicko

Retired
It's a modest tweak to the mac Mini line which now has three options rather than two.

Basic 1.25 GHz 40 GB Mac Mini has Modem included and option for bluetooth/AP Extreme. Price seems to have increased by £20 for no apparent reason, since spec on this one seems unchanged. Two others (80 GB Combo and Superdrive models with 1.42 GHz processors) have bluetooth/AP Extreme included, and the modem is only available as an option.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
If they had bumped the Mini processor speed to 1.5, I would have another Mac in my family...:(

Jackonicko

Retired
The iBook enhancement is even more modest. You now get Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Scrolling Trackpad, and a Sudden Motion Sensor. They come with 512 MB standard, and processors are 1.33 and 1.42 GHz. I don't know if that's a boost or not.

The gap between the 14 in iBook and the 12 in Powerbook is now as thin as a whisker.

ipodsteve

Though I don't have the money, if it came down to the 14inch Ibook or 12inch powerbook, I think I would go with the Ibook. if I had the money though, I would go with the 15 or 17 inch Powerbook.

ForeverG5

Legal Mac-Head
Website
www.alwaysg5.com
Kristiano said:
If they had bumped the Mini processor speed to 1.5, I would have another Mac in my family...:(
Me too, Kris. :( Too bad. I guess it's a 12" iBook stock standard with 1GB chip from crucial.com added on and an external hard drive for me. Ah well, I think it's a great deal! I can't wait to get my iBook. :)