Terrible iPod Touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kylo4

I received my "new" 16GB iPod Touch that I ordered from Apple.ca yesterday. I have to fight back anger in writing this, as you'll soon find out why.

I was very excited to receive it until opening it and removing the plastic, when I saw there not only some little air "pops" in the screen, but what appeared to literally be a little piece of food on it that I had to scrape off. Further adding to the frustration was that the bezel at the top was not properly on and I could see the inner components at the top. The back of it had some scratches and fingerprints and the thing that holds it had fingerprints on it as well. I am not happy at all about this. I did not pay $500 for a used product which I felt I got. That is completely unacceptable and throughout my entire experience with Apple products this has never happened. I have no idea what in the hell happened to create that, but I had two days off of work before doing 4 straight, and by the time I get this new unit I have to continuously wait to use it. That really angers me that it came like that.

Today I'm calling Apple Care, and I hope they send a brand new one and not one that is used or refurbished since I have to mail it to the Markham Ontario one and the last time I sent my refurb Nano there they sent it back.....with a gash in the screen.

paranoidxe

kylo4 said:
I received my "new" 16GB iPod Touch that I ordered from Apple.ca yesterday. I have to fight back anger in writing this, as you'll soon find out why.

I was very excited to receive it until opening it and removing the plastic, when I saw there not only some little air "pops" in the screen, but what appeared to literally be a little piece of food on it that I had to scrape off. Further adding to the frustration was that the bezel at the top was not properly on and I could see the inner components at the top. The back of it had some scratches and fingerprints and the thing that holds it had fingerprints on it as well. I am not happy at all about this. I did not pay $500 for a used product which I felt I got. That is completely unacceptable and throughout my entire experience with Apple products this has never happened. I have no idea what in the hell happened to create that, but I had two days off of work before doing 4 straight, and by the time I get this new unit I have to continuously wait to use it. That really angers me that it came like that.

Today I'm calling Apple Care, and I hope they send a brand new one and not one that is used or refurbished since I have to mail it to the Markham Ontario one and the last time I sent my refurb Nano there they sent it back.....with a gash in the screen.
Thats messed up man, thats not even a apple refurb..refurbs come in brand new casings and you wouldn't even be able to tell if it had ever been used or not. Sounds like to me someone got greedy on the assembly line and took yours out and put theirs in.

I hope you can convince apple to send you another one. Good luck.

kylo4

paranoidxe said:
Thats messed up man, thats not even a apple refurb..refurbs come in brand new casings and you wouldn't even be able to tell if it had ever been used or not. Sounds like to me someone got greedy on the assembly line and took yours out and put theirs in.

I hope you can convince apple to send you another one. Good luck.
That's what I thought happened as well. It seems I have really bad luck with products for some reason. The refurb shuffle was perfect, as was the iPod 80GB I've had for over a year now (which replaced one with faulty fronting). I'm just so disappointed because of how much I like both Apple and the Touch. It was shipped from the Markham one so is it possible (since it has the new firmware) that they took old ones and installed the firmware and then repackaged them and did so carelessly?

fynebawdee

kylo4 said:

Sounds like you got my return. LOL :D

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
They will send you a new one and tell you to send that one back. Don't worry, their customer support is awesome!

By the way, why was it $500? Nevermind, you live in Canada. Exchange rate and crap.

dooza

new ipod touch

Hey
just bought a new ipod touch and i do not have a itunes account or anything. How do i get one and how much will it cost? is it only a one off payment? I was also wondering how to be able to connect to safari and youtube on my ipod touch and if that is only a one off payment as well.
Any advice would be helpful.
thanks

kylo4

Thought I'd give a quick update on the matter.

I called Apple yesterday and after two hours of my life I'll never get back, they said for me to send it in and I'd get a new one back. They also said it was most likely tampered with and there will be an investigation into the matter because they don't like when that happens.

Why it took 2 hours (on top of the extra week that it will take to ship and then arrive) just to get a product I should have originally had in the first place is beyond me. I think I'll just stick to refurbished products on the Apple store now and just get new items in a store where a return is a 20 minute drive away.

kylo4

Further updating. I was furious when I saw they never emailed me the shipping labels. I called and (I know it is not the person on the phone's fault so I remained very calm and polite) and asked about it. She sounded like she was coming down with a cold or tired and she was supposed to send me to sales but sent me to tech support again so I waited, even more frustrated and got her again. She put me on hold when I got to speak to someone in Arizona who told me that the mailing returns would be mailed to me since I'm Canadian. I started to ease up after awhile and casually asked if there was anything they could do since I'd spent so much time for a product that should have come new in the first place.

He told me I could pick from some cases or car adopters. I looked at the cases first and then the car adapters. I asked him about one and he said I could in fact have that one for free. They gave me a $110 Belkin Tunebase FM car transmitter. DAMN. That just makes me like Apple even more. I didn't expect that. At the least I would've even been fine with earbuds or a $5 iTunes card but that was just amazing. By the end we were laughing and asking about each other's countries. I said "You Americans really know what you're talking aboot." And we laughed, pointing out how absurd interpretations are.

All in all, I guess it worked out for the better.