Talk Radio shows up in music library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miniMAMF

I have a few mp3's that were just downloaded from talk radio shows - they aren't offical "podcasts" as such but it doesn't make sense to lump them into the Music library.

Before iTunes 7, there was no way to fix this anyway. But now with seperate libraries, it would make sense if these files belonged to the Podcast library. I tried changing "Genre" on them to Podcast but they remain with the music.

I do have an SPL called "All Tunes" that I made in iTunes 6, and it filters out the podcasts and mp3's with comment = "talk radio". I could continue to use that, but it just would be more elegant to have them in the Podcast library.

Is there anyway around this?

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
I've done the same as you: filter them out through playlists. You should do some searching on how to have them marked as podcasts. I thought I read that it could be done, but not easily. An easier way to go might be to try and list them as audiobooks. I've done that, not only with audiobooks, but also with some podcasts that I wanted to listen to all at once. But that also involves changing file formats and can be a pain, and if you're on Windows, I have no idea how to tell you how to do it.

And no matter what you do, if you're transferring this stuff to an iPod, it won't remain separated out. I mean your podcasts will still show up under Podcasts, and your audio books will list under Audiobooks, but they will all also show up under Music -> Song and under all the other browsable music sections like Artist and Album.

miniMAMF

I guess the long round-about method would be to upload the mp3's to my server (I already have a website with a hosting company) and create an RSS feed, then "subscribe" to the feed in iTunes. What a pain and waste of bandwidth...although, once I download them again, I could delete them from my server space, right?

Hopefully the next update to iTunes will have a tag called "Library" where you can specify the library for any file. This could also include multiple music libraries, for different users, for example.

Last edited: