syncing to Outlook on new computer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JFSSHACK

My laptop was stolen and my backup failed . I have all my contacts on my iPhone. I know when I sync my phone to my new computer it's going to erase my music ,but will it sync my contacts to Outlook. Thanks for your help.
P.S. is there any way to save my music.I'd like to ,but it's not as important as my contacts.

cjmnews

Staff member
When you install iTunes on your new computer, be sure to sign in with your Apple ID (the same one that is on the iPhone) before you attempt to sync. You can then right click on the Purchased playlist and Check for Downloads to download all the purchases from Apple to the new computer.

You can save your contacts by syncing them into iCloud. Settings->iCloud, Contacts.

Then when you get your phone back to normal, sync contacts with iCloud to get them back. Then sync with iTunes/Outlook to ensure they are there.

There are software programs that can be used to recover music like CopyTrans. We have an old article on this, which should still cover today's iTunes. Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide | iLounge Article

You can stop the auto-sync temporarily by holding Ctrl-Shift when the iPhone is plugged in.