Syncing large libraries and play counts?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SilverBlade

I have an older iPod nano (6th gen, the one that is as small as a watch) which has 16 gigs of storage.

What I have been doing recently is syncing my music based on play count (basically, for the sole purpose of listening to all songs before listening to any one song twice). It has been working out so far. Whenever I sync my nano, the songs that have been played are removed.

I have many smart playlists going (Played Once, Played Twice, Played 3 times, etc).

Working out so far....until I went over 16 gigs.

Now, how can I sync my library based on play count? If I try to sync it, iTunes gives me a warning saying it can't sync.

I wish it would just pick and sync songs randomly.

Any suggestions on how to do this, while retaining play count? Or some other way to prevent songs from repeating before I've listened to every song?

cjmnews

Staff member
Yep.

You can sync only the playlist of songs that you need to play to the iPod. This assumes that you have a Played Least playlist and will stop syncing the whole library.

You can make a new playlist Selected that limits the number of songs from the Played Least playlist that feeds your iPod. You can limit by number of songs, or size of the playlist. Use the Limit By options at the bottom. It can select randomly from the Played Least playlist or by least recently played, etc.

I have a similar system, that randomizes my music but drops out the most recently played stuff.