Syncing just one song at a time

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Thai

Hi everyone, I'm new at using the Ipod and i really have no idea on how to use it really well. I think Musicmatch is the crappiest program on Earth. Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me add songs on to my Ipod without having to keep my entire library of songs on my computer? Because unless I have all my mp3 files on my computer, the program erases everything that was on my Ipod prior and only uploads the songs that I currently have on my hard drive on my computer. I want a way to add songs to my Ipod one at a time. Thanks for all your help.

dcbell

Yea, there should be. You should be able to turn the auto-syncing off (so that not every MP3 on your computer is downloaded automatically each time you connect the ipod).

Unfortunately, I'm as clueless as you but also want to find out how to switch auto-syncing off: I've got stacks of junk MP3 files on my computer, that i don't want on an ipod but don't want to remove from my PC (hoarding all those crappy conversions of old vinyl etc. that i managed to semi-legally scavenge off various sites, and despite their poor quality know that i won't get them easily elsewhere).

Ideally I'd like to pick a list of selected music files to dowload onto the ipod, just like highlighting files for transfer to another drive (I know Xplay has this style selection, any other software options?).

Any more help for 2 clueless novices appreciated. Thanks.

Ben Lovejoy

Website
www.benlovejoy.com
MMJB is a pile of **** - EphPod is the answer

As others have said, junk MMJB and install EphPod instead. You can then Add Song or Add Directory without going near any synching functions.

Ben

dcbell

Thanks for all the advice: looks like ephpod all the way, though I also like the all inclusiveness of Music Centre 9 (ripping, tagging, syncing all in one application). Having problems (too slow) ripping CDs to MP3 using EAC and LAME v1.3, but that's another thread i'm about to moan on.