syncing iphone with external hard drive

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

haleytivet

OK. I'm sure the answer to my question is on this forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I moved/copied all itunes onto an external hard drive. I renamed the location and I believe I have everything saved the right way. I am now attempting to sync my iphone and it is telling me I have to erase everything in order to sync.

I have tried the "manage music files" but it's not allowing me to accept this change.

I am a MAC user and can't seem to figure out how to sync my phone without losing everything on it and starting over.

If I have to start over by erasing everything how do I start over? And will this same thing happen next time I try to sync?

Please help! Thanks!

S2_Mac

Oof -- kinda sounds like you did this "by hand" instead of using the iTunes "Consolidate files" command. Also sounds like you might have started a new library or shifted your iTunes over to another user account on the Mac. What exactly did you do to "move/copy all itunes onto an external hard drive" and to "rename the location"? (While this is being sorted out, don't trash any of your old iTunes data ;-)