Syncing IPhone 8 With ITunes issue?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dave Middleton

Hi;
I have had IPhones for many years and am reasonable at most tasks.
However,I would like some advice for following scenario.
Normally I sync photos effortlessly from ITunes on Laptop to my IPhone. Never goes wrong.
In this current scenario I updated my Windows to 10. I therefore copied what I thought were all my photos and files to an external hard drive to re-install once Win 10 was functioning.
For some reason, quite a lot of my photos from the external drive have not installed to the laptop and have disappeared.
I have ALL my photos in albums on my IPhone and my question is: If I now sync to Laptop through ITunes, will the Laptop content over-ride what is on my phone (causing me to lose these photos) OR will the 2 (Phone and laptop0 just share the entire library .?
Important to know as I do not have the IPhone photos elsewhere.

Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
It depends on how those photos were put onto the iPhone.

If the photos were put onto the phone from the laptop, then when you sync, they will be removed from the iPhone. The only work around for this is to put the photos (from a backup) in the same place they were on the old operating system. This is the case where the lack of content from the Laptop will erase the photos on your phone. You can't retrieve them from the iPhone to get them.

If the photos were put onto the iPhone by taking pictures, saving iMessages, email attachments, etc. "created by the iPhone", then they will be put onto your laptop when you sync.

Dave Middleton

It depends on how those photos were put onto the iPhone.

If the photos were put onto the phone from the laptop, then when you sync, they will be removed from the iPhone. The only work around for this is to put the photos (from a backup) in the same place they were on the old operating system. This is the case where the lack of content from the Laptop will erase the photos on your phone. You can't retrieve them from the iPhone to get them.

If the photos were put onto the iPhone by taking pictures, saving iMessages, email attachments, etc. "created by the iPhone", then they will be put onto your laptop when you sync.
Thanks for your comments. It is as I thought and a bit of a pain. I will now start to manually transfer the missing photos from my IPhone back into the specific albums on the laptop so that the 2 match each other for future sync.

Dave Middleton

Thanks for your comments. It is as I thought and a bit of a pain. I will now start to manually transfer the missing photos from my IPhone back into the specific albums on the laptop so that the 2 match each other for future sync.
As an update , I found an App for Iphone/IPad called Air Transfer which has allowed me to speed up the transfer process enormously.