Sync with Home PC, Add songs at work?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Zimmy

I just received my first iPod last night. I have had MP3 players since the old Rio Diamond 32 meg player but this is my first Apple.

I've been browsing this site while my iPod was shipping and I haven't found a clear answer to the following situation that probably a lot of users deal with.

I use my home PC to sync my iPod with iTunes.

Now, at work, I buy a CD at lunch...
Am I able to rip that CD at work in iTunes, get Album artwork and put it on the iPod without synching to my work PC (erasing the iPod).

Then, I want to synch that to the iTunes at home.

Is that possible?

I don't mind going third party.

This is my first post, so if I am in the wrong area, let me know.
I own a 4G (I think) 60GB Photo.

Thanks.

santiago7399

Same here...

I just received my first iPod (30 g Photo) the other day and I am having the same issues. I have a ton of music on my home PC, but would like to import my CD collection while I am at work.

I tried it the opposite way yesterday (going from work to home) and when I tried at home, it wiped out the few tracks I that put on while at the office. Can you not use two separate computers to import music?

Hopefully someone has found an easy solution to this?

Zimmy

Just from what I have been reading, what you have to do (I think).
Use a third party app to copy the song from the iPod to the home PC, place it in the iTunes library, then sync the iPod.

I was just wondering if there was a better way to do it.

udayan71

no - you don't need a 3rd party anything. apple has support information for this which i'll post in a moment - what you need to do is go into iPod preferences in iTunes and then choose Manually manage songs and playlists. Voila, you can add songs from your work account - however you may not transfer them from your iPod to your home PC/Mac. that needs a 3rd party app.

gyix

Website
symbian-theme.no-ip.org
3rd party app

you do not need a thurd party app to get songs off your pod all you need to do is enable disk mode then un hide some filders then copy the music filder or somthing like that

Rod Smith

Yes, I think gyix is on to something. I have transferred music files from one computer's iTunes to another computer's iTunes with my shuffle in disk mode. Can't you do the same thing with real iPods?

gyix

Website
symbian-theme.no-ip.org
you need to enable ipod to be in disk mode then go to "My Computer" then select your pod , open it then look for iPod control. If its not there then you hav to go to folder ops and change it to show hidden files and folders. Then in one of those folders there is a bunch of files named like FF023 and in there ur music files will be. a bit in convenient but works.