• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Swimming with a Pod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I have a 4th Gen iPod that I love, Toady. Sadly, Toady has gone blind. I was running with him in a four mile out and back when I was hit with a really horrible rainstorm. He'll play, but nothing on the screen. He's been replaced with an iPod video, but for all intents and purposes, he's still a perfectly good iPod.

I considered selling him on Ebay, or just getting a screen replacement kit. He was still under warranty until this week, but as we moved we couldn't find the box he came in so that's a no go. (I registered him, but Apple kept telling me it was an invalid serial number and I needed to fax them a proof of purchase and picture of the iPod.)

So I'm thinking...I swim for an hour twice a week and will be doing more this summer because there is some whacked out part of my brain that is considering a half ironman. I wouldn't be changing music anyhow, and I don't really want to take FloJo into the water. (She's my new iPod.) I'm thinking that a good, waterproof case and a pre-set playlist with only the music I want to listen to on Toady would be just the ticket, and extend his sad little life.

So does anyone have experience with waterproof cases? I'm curious about the Otter. It looks good.

ipodphoto30

well if you wanna swim with it, how are you gonna listen to music with earbuds? why not just get some speakers for it. actually otterbox is pretty good and it keeps out the water.

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I don't think the people at the Y are going to appreciate listening to my music...Plus can't really hear it under water if I just hook it up to speakers. They make earbuds that are specifically for swimming as well as cases that work with those specific kinds of buds. I'm just looking for feedback from others who might have used a similar setup.

sidebruns

Block Rockin Beats
Go for it. I don't have any experience with otterbox to give my input. But, I do have the Marine Pack for my Sony digital camera. I loved going to waterparks and taking videos while riding down water slides. And of course, everyone had to take notice, and want to buy it off me. If I had the opportunity to be swimming as often as you do, then I would probably get an otterbox also. I like the design more than that of others, like the lillipod.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Sounds like a great way to extend the iPod's life. I wish I could help more but this is an area that I haven't explored.

rockwater

I have the Otterbox with my 20gb photo. I bought it mainly because I scuba dive and am usually in wet environments plus it is one tough case. However, I have not taken it in the water with me so cannot really comment on that. It is a large case however and it is bulky overall...definitely will effect your trim when swimming those laps