Support The Cause: If You Buy Kanye's New Album, 50 Cent Promises To Go Away

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GadgetGuru72

Entertainment website TMZ is reporting the following story:

Both Kanye West and 50 Cent have albums being released on September 11. However, being the classy guy that he is, 50 Cent has said that if Kanye sells more albums, 50 Cent vows he'll never make music again.

Here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/10/fifty-cent-ill-quit-if-kanye-wins/

So, everyone here needs to support the cause. On September 11, run out to your local record store and pick up Kanye's album. ;) :D

kornchild2002

Wow, that is like picking between a turd sandwich and a bucket full of pee. I don't know which artist to support. Hell, I would purchase $3000 worth of albums to see them both go.

sUPERdUCKY

What if we buy none of their albums will they both go away?

hehe.... that would be great to see him away can;t wait to see what happens at the end of this !

WDIT: no doubt though they will have people set up to buy x amount of thousand CD's and therefore it will be rigged :(

Last edited:

bdb

On the B side of life
The smart money would probably be on this promise not being kept.

sUPERdUCKY said:
no doubt though they will have people set up to buy x amount of thousand CD's and therefore it will be rigged
If the bulk of the album sales was really them buying their own album (paying $16 and making $1.50), they'd be losing a lot of money.

Last edited:

antiditz

bdb said:
The smart money would probably be on this promise not being kept.
My thoughts exactly. Aren't we still waiting for Alec Baldwin to move out of the U.S.? This celebrity 'trash-talk' is just over-confident bluster; it's doubtful they really mean anything by it other than generating publicity.

kornchild2002

I still wonder if people purchase Kanye's album enough and 50 Cent leaves, then what can we do to make Kayne disappear as well?

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
kornchild2002 said:
I still wonder if people purchase Kanye's album enough and 50 Cent leaves, then what can we do to make Kayne disappear as well?
Not buy the next one. He might not want to disappear, but the record company will drop him pretty quick...

Or we could turn him in to the FBI as a possible terrorist.

ayu

Born To Be...
kornchild2002 said:
Wow, that is like picking between a turd sandwich and a bucket full of pee. I don't know which artist to support. Hell, I would purchase $3000 worth of albums to see them both go.
Nice post. :D

kylo4

50 Cent has already rescinded his "promise".

I'll probably pick up "Graduation" on release day. I don't like rap, I think so much of it is misogynistic, swearing and violence filled. But in that mix you have true innovators like Kanye West who produces, writes and raps his material. Who actually has something to say that doesn't involve drugs, gangs, "the hood" or excessive amounts of swearing. Breaking new ground by doing things other hip-hoppers would not even do, like his new song sampling Daft Punk. Sure, he has an ego and a tendency to run his mouth a lot more than he should be entitled to, but he didn't get ranked the #1 album of the year from Rolling Stone for nothing, and those 4 or 5 Grammy's he's got as well. I'd take him over 50 any day, and any other "rapper" out there.

enjoilax

kylo4 said:
50 Cent has already rescinded his "promise".

I'll probably pick up "Graduation" on release day. I don't like rap, I think so much of it is misogynistic, swearing and violence filled. But in that mix you have true innovators like Kanye West who produces, writes and raps his material. Who actually has something to say that doesn't involve drugs, gangs, "the hood" or excessive amounts of swearing. Breaking new ground by doing things other hip-hoppers would not even do, like his new song sampling Daft Punk. Sure, he has an ego and a tendency to run his mouth a lot more than he should be entitled to, but he didn't get ranked the #1 album of the year from Rolling Stone for nothing, and those 4 or 5 Grammy's he's got as well. I'd take him over 50 any day, and any other "rapper" out there.
BREEEEP BREEEP BACKPACKER ALERT BREEEEP BREEEEP

neb

They both appeared candid $with each other's presence during a recent Madison Square Gardens' performance.

I feel both artists have much to lose from ceasing to make music. I doubt they're sincere enough to carry out their promises.

kylo4

enjoilax said:
BREEEEP BREEEP BACKPACKER ALERT BREEEEP BREEEEP
What? I own over 500 albums and have heard the very best, and Kanye's up there in the hip-hop genre (notice I say hip-hop, not all music) will he be remembered in 20 years? Probably not. But as of right now, he's making some good albums (although I preferred his first release to his second).

enjoilax

kylo4 said:
What? I own over 500 albums and have heard the very best, and Kanye's up there in the hip-hop genre (notice I say hip-hop, not all music) will he be remembered in 20 years? Probably not. But as of right now, he's making some good albums (although I preferred his first release to his second).
You are a backpacker, and the fact that you ignore hip-hop classics because of lyrical content is silly.

kylo4

I'm not a backpacker at all, I own hip-hop classics. The Chronic, The Score, Illmatic. Does that still make me a backpacker?