Super slow backup

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Phoenixfury

Is anyone else experiencing very slow backups? I really wish Apple would have made the backup process optional because sometimes it is so slow it can take an hour or so.. Sometimes after the long backup it doesn't take much more than a couple of minutes. I had found out you can bypass the backup by hitting the "X" in the information window, but then it will just be waiting for you the next time you sync & backup again.

I suspect these are just the early growing pains of the iPhone 2.0 software, but I find it annoying that Apple didn't fine tune the whole backup process before release. I'm not a programmer, but I'm wondering how hard it would have been for them to put in a check box to allow you to manually backup?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just finding this whole process to be frustrating and I feel it's just plain unnecessary.

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
Phoenixfury said:
Is anyone else experiencing very slow backups? I really wish Apple would have made the backup process optional because sometimes it is so slow it can take an hour or so.. Sometimes after the long backup it doesn't take much more than a couple of minutes. I had found out you can bypass the backup by hitting the "X" in the information window, but then it will just be waiting for you the next time you sync & backup again.

I suspect these are just the early growing pains of the iPhone 2.0 software, but I find it annoying that Apple didn't fine tune the whole backup process before release. I'm not a programmer, but I'm wondering how hard it would have been for them to put in a check box to allow you to manually backup?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just finding this whole process to be frustrating and I feel it's just plain unnecessary.
I have found this to work to stop the automatic backup process. In iTunes when conncetd to you iPod touch under the applications panel check off sync applications then select selected applications. Then heck off all the applications. Then click apply or sync at the end.

dmonk

I have the same problem and after canceling it a few times it will just sync the new items i added. Pretty stupid, imo. And its a 2.0 update woe so I don't know what's going on.

Stryf3

iTunes syncs up the same songs and music videos EVERY TIME I sync my Touch, even though they don't change at all. Any thoughts on this?

areyes27

ITOUCH backup

totally agree with y songs and apps always get backed up. I took off fluent news reader and it sped up a little. Besides...when u link up to wifi and use itouch that way it is way faster. Just wish large (over 150mb) files like videos were faster. Guess that's apples way of saying my computer is too slow.

Great device anyway :)