Suggested improvements to Apple

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miniMAMF

Hi there,

New user here. I have a silver Mini, 1G. I've been using it under Windows (iTunes) for about 6 months now, and I love it.

I just submitted a suggestion form at apple.com, and I'm wondering what other users think of my suggestions.

I suggested that a feature be implemented so we can have sub-folders for organizing playlists.

Also to have the ability to remove songs or add songs to playlists while on the go, and then have the updated playlist sync back to iTunes when connected.

And last, to assign settings for each playlist such as shuffle mode, EQ, etc.

As you can probably tell, I make extensive use of playlists. :D

What does everyone think? Sound like some things that Apple might implement? Has anyone else had these ideas?

Thanks

Rishy

well...to organise a playlist on the unit itself, for me at least, id find it too taxing...prolly wear down the scroll wheel really fast :D:D

but i like the assign settings for each playlist though...

miniMAMF

I think it'd work like this:

highlight a song in a playlist
hold down the select button
3 choices pop up: Queue in On-The-Go Playlist, Remove from Playlist, and Add to Playlist
If you pick add to playlists, the screen changes to your playlists and you scroll and select the playlist to add the song to. It queues it at the end of the playlist.

Thanks for the reply.

LazyiPoder

Truly Lazy Lounger
i use a lot of playlists as well. i like the organizing playlists while on the go thing, and assigning settings to individual playlists. but i think what would make the mini better would be a bigger hard drive. i love the mini, but like an 8GB or so HDD would be nice. aside from those things, the mini is perfect for me. :)

geekchic

Website
geekchic.notdesign.net
One simple one. Allow for the backlight to be turned on easily (with a click somewhere) rather than scrolling through a few menus to get to it. I think it defeats the purpose to have the function embedded so deep within the menus.

That hit me when I was on a long car ride at night. The driver had his choice of music and I prefer my ipod but I had to turn on the lights to scroll to the menu to turn backlight on for 2s and continue looking for my playlists.

So far so good, nothing else to ask for from the mini :)