Suddenly artwork on ipod is differnt that itunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

starwood2000

I have been adding missing artwork to itunes and then copying the songs to my ipod. Everthing was going fine until this morning. One song has different artwork than itunes. No matter what I do it is different (everytime I sync it is different but not what is on itunes). I have tried syncing in airplane mode and deleting the song and adding it back in but it will not accept the artwork I have on itunes. I have an older model ipod running 9.3.5

cjmnews

Staff member
If you right click the song and choose Song Info, the go to the artwork section, is there more than 1 piece of artwork?
You may need to delete all the artwork you don't want, or all the artwork, and then add the art you want to it.

Then remove the song from the iPad, then add it again.

If that fails still, it must be using the automatically downloaded artwork from iTunes, instead of what you put into the file.
Then you remove ALL music from your iPad (uncheck Sync Music in iTunes, click Apply, when sync is complete check Sync Music, then click Apply)

starwood2000

Yes I've deleted all the artwork and re-added it. It just randomly picks a piece that has nothing to do with the song. I've also deleted the song and re-added it and it still picks a random piece. I was really hoping to not have to reinstall all my music. I don't have everything from itunes on my ipod.

It's definitely not using itunes artwork because it is using pictures I have manually added to my computer for example: the song I'm having trouble with is John Denver. It is putting artwork on it from Disney World.

cjmnews

Staff member
That really sounds like the iTunes artwork database is corrupt.

If you have all your artwork embedded into the songs, you can delete the iTunes\Album Artwork folder, then start iTunes, then sync. That should remove the album art automatically downloaded by iTunes from the iPod without removing all the music. You may have to remove the one song and put it back to be sure it gets cleared on the iPod.

That could resolve the problem. NOTE: If you are using the iTunes downloaded artwork for other tracks, all of their art will be lost deleting the Album Artwork folder.