Student Discount in John Lewis

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Luke284

Does anyone know if John Lewis (UK) offer a student discount? and/or an extended warrenty?

casdavies

no they don't offer a student discount, nor are they willing to pricematch a store offering a student discount. If you have a barclaycard though you can pricematch.

They don't seem to give an extended warranty - I was given one year on my receipt

casdavies

Its one of the benefits of having a barclaycard - buy any item over ?50 on the card and if you see it cheaper within 28 days (I think) then they'll refund the difference up to a limit of ?500 per transaction and ?1000 per year.

see the member benefits section on the b arclaycard website for details

Phil Lee

Website
www.rscnet.org
casdavies said:
Its one of the benefits of having a barclaycard - buy any item over ?50 on the card and if you see it cheaper within 28 days (I think) then they'll refund the difference up to a limit of ?500 per transaction and ?1000 per year.

see the member benefits section on the b arclaycard website for details
Thanks for posting this. I bought a digital camera from Jessops for ?299 on an impulse then found it online for ?259. I didn't know Barclaycard offered this price match service. Fortunately they do and thanks to you for posting about it I'm going to get the ?40 back. It also reminded me to register the camera for an extra 1 year on the warranty as well.

meme

does this apply to comparing prices in shops with prices online?

Phil Lee

Website
www.rscnet.org
Yes it does, I compared the price in Jessops with the price from Dabs.com. I have to provide hard copy proof of the Dabs price and post it off but it is worth it for ?40.

mongoos150

Interesting how things work over there. Here in the US at most reputable electronic stores, they will automatically give you 110% of the price difference if there is a lower price within 30 days. All you need is the recipt, you don't need a card or anything like that.

davebach172

yeah - we dont do so well on price matching or warrenties over here.

I'm jealous of your warrenties for $40 which cover the ipods for 4 years. We've got an option for something called mastercare in some of our shops which usually costs over ?150 and its widely known that they NEVER pay up!

I got my pod from John Lewis - no mention of extended warrenties there either unfortunately. Thinking of taking it back as the hold button requires a bit of force to get it to reigister that ive unlocked it (moves fine, but doesnt pick up on it until you have another go!)

mongoos150

Wow, thats crazy. If they all implemented a price match system (and warranty system) like over here I'm sure you guys would be a lot happier!

Microchips

Yeah, it sucks.

"Ooh, let's all be tight-fisted and find loopholes to get us out off paying money for something that was insured"

What a great country we live in, eh?

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Go to John Lewis.com then click on Extended Warranty available - they do one for the ipod!

Our Service Plan can be used to extend your warranty on the following products: computers (desktops, laptops and handhelds), colour monitors, printers (inkjet and laser), scanners, fax machines, fax/printer/scanner combinations, audio CD or mini-disc players, MP3 players, colour televisions, digital video players, video camcorders, LCD digital still cameras, games consoles and telephones.

Last edited:

Luke284

i spotted that but it doesnt say anything about how much and for how long

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Luke284 said:
i spotted that but it doesnt say anything about how much and for how long
Fourth bullet point down -
You can take out extended cover for one or two years after the expiry of the original product guarantee

Cost is something you'll have to ask at a JL about.