Stuck Pixels to return?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kylo4

I had quite a scare today and I'm unsure of the ramifications. While at the coffee shop the iPod touch was sitting on the table and while my dad was talking to me a piece of coffee spit, just a little circle landed right on the touch halfway on the bezel and halfway on the glass. I quickly wiped it away with the napkin. I started freaking out when I turned it on and with the Apple bootup screen I saw 4 dead pixels, but not in the area where that little drip was. They were scattered around the device. The coffee spit was about the size of this: O

Now there are around 5 dead pixels and I'm running iStuck. I also took the iPod out in cold weather (about 8 Celsius) and was in and out of warm/cold areas. I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. The pixels are green/blue in color so I assume they're stuck.

I was wondering if that little spit could do anything to the iPod touch (i.e go into the iPod and affect its components or create these pixels) or whether it did nothing and it was the weather or the unit itself. This is only the second day of owning it.

bluetrane

Website
www.oxacah.com
chances are those pixels were stuck/ burnt from the day you bought it. You only looked really hard because of your incident.

I live in montreal and we are having a cold winter this year and i take my touch with me in my bag outside all the time.

However i had to return 3 yes 3 ipod touchs before i got one with a flawless screen. since you have only had your unit for a day or 2 i would recommend exchanging it.

istuck never worked for me btw

DerekVOF

Nah, little spit couldn't do that... Any chance you just never noticed those stuck pixels until that point? I've wiped mine down with a damp towel before, so I seriously doubt a drop of coffee would do that.

Don't think your cold would effect it either - I believe the rated range per Apple is 0 Celsius and up although I believe some people here from Canada use it in much colder weather...

kylo4

I called Apple after even more dead pixels came on it this morning, there were about 9 dead pixels when I turned it on today. They are sending the box for the replacement. Thanks for your help.

Does anyone else have dead pixels? This will be my third unit as the first one was factory tampered with and this one has dead pixels. Right now I'm actually not too upset since I really like the device a lot and it's by far my favourite iPod. I can contend with some of the failures.

DerekVOF

I guess I got lucky - I don't have a single dead or stuck pixel and I've had my iPod Touch since late September. Haven't had any issues...

bruce3

ugh i just got my first one today in the mail and the first thing i noticed before even running a dead/stuck pixel test was one stuck pixel near dead center! back it goes! i don't think im gonna get another one unless the retailer is willing to show me no dead pixel prior to purchase. a bit extreme? yes but then again stuff like that drives me crazy. My dad got one as a gift that has a flawless screen so its possible, i wish apple will tighten up its quality control!