Strange Cover Flow Sorting Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
I have a few albums that are not sorting by the album artist. I thought I was following everyone's instructions in the iLounge, but here's what I get:

Settings:
Artist - 10 songs by 10 different artists
Album Artist - DJ XYZ (who is sampling 10 different songs above)
Sort Artist - DJ XYZ
Sort Album Artist - DJ XYZ

All options are off including the compilations.

In the cover flow I am getting this the album sorting by the 10 songs by 10 different artists (so it shows up 10 times) not DJ XYZ.

This isn't happening for my other albums where the artist has a duet, etc. with someone else.

Suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks blueboy714

Kadelic

I had the same exact problem with an album the other day. I just went into iTunes and manually changed the info for each song so each one was the same for artist and album (I just left album artist blank.)

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
I had the same exact problem with an album the other day. I just went into iTunes and manually changed the info for each song so each one was the same for artist and album (I just left album artist blank.)
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having access to both the Album Artist and the Artist though? If you remove the name of the Artist you lose that information.

blueboy714

Kadelic

I thought your issue was the cover flow showing the album 10 times? I was just telling you what settings I had for the album I had an issue with. Album artist doesn't appear to be the issue for you. Your issue appears to be the artist field having a different artist for each song. I guess you want to preserve the original artist for each track that DJ XYZ is sampling? Try making the artist field for each track DJ XYZ and put the original artist info in the composer field. iTunes can be very confusing. One time I had a similar problem and it turned out I had left a blank space at the end of an albums name for one track so it created a separate album for that one song.

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
Kadelic -

Since I couldn't how to figure out what I wanted I finally broke down and did what you suggested - changing the Artist to be the same as the Album Artist. I was hoping to keep the Artist as the original Artist and the Album Artist as the DJ sampling the music, but I can't figure out how to get iPod to recognize the Album Artist.

The one thing I find interesting is that the iPod stores the first song's Artist as the Album Artist. I don't know if it's a bug or if I can't figure out what I want to do. I found the same happening on a John Coltrane album that had a few bands he was in playing as the Artist - but I wanted the Album Artist to be John Coltrane.

blueboy714