Strange, but good iTunes behavior...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Germansuplex

Long story short, I used iTunes new sorting feature on my library. It went through the process successfully, but because I had a few random folder.jpg files in my library, iTunes kept the name of the folder "iTunes Music" instead of "iTunes Media". I deleted the bunk files, but how could I rename the folder without consolidating everything or re-adding everything?

Someone at Macrumors told me to simply rename the folder "iTunes Media". I thought they were full of it, but tried it anyways. It worked. I didn't even have to change the settings in iTunes. Everything just worked and continues to work like normal.

I suppose this is some small capability of iTunes to recognize the name change, but it is a drastic departure from the "rename nothing, change nothing" way of dealing with iTunes in the past.

For the heck of it, I tried rename an album folder and artist folder: both resulted in dead links, so on that front things are normal.

I'm not sure what the point of this is, but maybe one of you folks could try this and see what happens.