Stopping "Show Current Song"?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
Hi,

I like to use iTunes to listen to music while I'm organising my iTunes Library - but whenever a new song plays iTunes steals the focus of what I was working on and moves the library up to highlight the currently playing song. This is really annoying and means that I have to use Winamp to play a song while I edit id3 tags and add new songs to my iTunes Library.

Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? I can't seem to find it in any of the preferences or menus.

bluehoo

Listen to music using Party Shuffle, organize files in Library.

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
I don't want to listen to music in Party Shuffle - I want to listen to music that *I* want to listen to.

So I guess the answer is "no, you can't make the software less annoying" then?

It is EXTREMELY poor usability to suddenly and without user intervention change what the user is working on. It's like you're typing a letter in Word and every four minutes Word opens a different document right while you're in the middle of typing - causing the last few things you typed in the original document to disappear.

Brilliant.

I'm thinking different alright.

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
Yeah, I basically like to select songs to play.

Well, I've sent them feedback. Maybe they'll fix this in the next version. I mean, it could be an option to jump to currently playing song.

I guess this was a wake-up call for me, as a Windows user, that Mac software can suck just as much as Windows software.