Stopping at end of each track in playlist

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

S2_Mac

I was reading this week's "Ask iLounge" column, and took an interest in the first question.
I...am using a 60G Photo iPod with...music loaded as backing tracks...and require it to stop after every song. ...as most [forum] answers are up to 2 years old, has anyone solved this problem recently? I feel there must be some way of doing this without physically having the hassle of pausing after it every song.​

Jesse's answer was to use the "Skip when shuffling" option combined with Shuffle play...I dunno; I did what was described on a 5.5G 80GB, and it didn't work (songs still played through the playlist without stopping). And who wants to shuffle when working a live gig playlist? Maybe I just didn't understand....

Anyway, here's what I do at live shows to A) work from a playlist, but B) have the iPod stop after each song plays -- I use the Notes feature. Like this:

HTML:
<title>Tonight's Show</title>

Bit #1 --> <a href="ipod:music?song=In The Blue Distance">In The Blue Distance linky</a>

Bit #2 --> <a href="ipod:music?song=Wishing I Was There">Wishing I Was There linky</a>

Bit #3 --> <a href="ipod:music?song=Pepper Box">Pepper Box linky</a>
Save the above into a text file, and load it into the iPod's Notes folder. To use this "playlist", select Extras from the Main menu, then Notes. Since this file has "title" markup, that title will be displayed in the Notes list, instead of the file name. Select the note for Tonight's Show; you'll see three lines, each with a link to a song. Use the scroll wheel to select a link, use center button to activate the link. After a tune has played, the display goes back to the Notes page; scroll to the next link, hit center button....

Maybe other stage folks can use this tip ;-)