Still using iPod as star rating removed from iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mrmrr

I still use my iPod for two reasons - it's easier to operate when jogging than an iPhone, but also because as far as I can tell the star rating function has been removed from iPhones. I don't use streaming services, I use MP3s / music files.

I use the star rating to organise my playlists and music in iTunes, and it looks like there is now only a binary function of like or dislike for music tracks on an iPhone - is that right? I have an iPhone XS.

My iPod is filling up and the battery is going and at some point I'm going to have to make the plunge and switch to using my iPhone, but are they likely to bring back star rating? Is there another way of doing it?

I'm not very technically savvy...

Thanks!

Marcus

p.s. I also can't seem to switch off the really annoying grey album star ratings in iTunes, which are illogical and must have been devised by someone who doesn't listen to music! Is there a way of switching them off?

cjmnews

Staff member
Star ratings still work in iOS if you turn them on.

In the iPhone, Open Settings->Music, move the slider on Show Star Ratings to green to see and interact with star ratings.

There is no way to disable Album Star Ratings, though I can't see them on my iPad at the moment. What version of iOS are you on? Mine seems to have an Album Love or not option only iOS 15.1

mrmrr

Thanks! I asked several friends and family and they thought either the star rating had been removed, or like me they couldn't where to turn them on.

I have Windows 10 and the latest version of ITunes, but they're still there seemingly with no way of switching them off.

cjmnews

Staff member
In iTunes you can disable the track star ratings but not the album star ratings. This is done in Edit->Preferences, General Tab, uncheck Star ratings.

We are stuck with Album star ratings in iTunes.

As shown above you can use the star ratings in iOS, which is what I use for my playlists as well.