• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

static scratch sounds when ripping dvds to mp4 format

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

I am having a problem with static sound like when a record plays static sometimes when I rip my dvds to mp4 format. I am using PQDVD program and it doesnt happen all the time. But when it does it is very annoying especialy when the movie is 3 hours long and I have to re-rip it due to the static sounds in the audio.
Does anyone have any solutions to this problem.
Am I doing somethign wrong? Is there a way to fix this or am I just at the mercy of the static sound bug?

please help me with any suggestions or solutions. Or let me know if there is a better program to convert my dvds to mp4 format.
Thanks

kornchild2002

You could try a different DVD ripping app. Try downloading DVDfab decrypter to rip the DVD to your hard drive, then use PQDVD to convert that ripped DVD. You could also download the Nero 7.5 Demo which comes with Nero Recode 2 which can be used to convert a ripped DVD to a iPod compatible mpeg-4 video format.