Speed of Importing MP3s onto the iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cucuzza

Why does it take so much longer to import songs onto and iPhone vs. an iPod? I remember when I imported songs onto my iPod classic, all of them would go on instantly. With the iPhone, sometimes there's a delay as it's "preparing for import." Is it because the iPhone has more "stuff" on it than the iPod classic? Is there an option or a switch I should turn on our off that would make it go faster? Just curious...

cjmnews

Staff member
The iPod is a much simpler device. There is not encryption on it, the files are merely renamed into 4 digit names (letters and numbers) and copied to a hidden folder.

The iPhone, is more complicated. Everything is encrypted on the device. In layers of security. The music is placed where the Music app can see it, but nothing else can see the music. I don't think they are renamed, but as it is your data it is encrypted for your phone on the way in. That is a slow process as a crypto guy with more than a decade of experience.

No there is no switch you can flip to make it faster.