• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Soon to be a mac user.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ethan120

I have been asking my uncle who is a mac only user about home audio recording hardware and software because he is a proffesional recording technition. I was talking to him about a soundcard that supports a specific program for recording and he went to go see what he had on his old powermac (he has several top of the line g5's at work). It had the card I wanted and offered to give it to me. I asked if he would sell me the powermac because he doesnt use it (I figured he doesnt use it because he said "let me go to the crawlspace to dig up the powermac". He then offered to give me the whole thing. I dont know how new it is so I figured someone here might. He said it is 5 or 6 years old and was the last powermac to have pci slots. any ideas would be great.

swy32x

If its still working, run it, and click the apple icon in the top right -> About This Mac.

That will tell you all about it. My guess is that it is a G4 Quicksilver, which is an excellent computer.

Ethan120

Unfortunatley, he lives in chicago and is bringing it down in july. He is known for always having the best of anything he has, including computers. Im willing to wait a couple months.

Ethan120

I dont actually know when it came out. So I need to wait until july. I think it would be kind of rude to ask though.