Sometimes you just gotta buy the cd....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

skruggie

Every so often I try to balance out my public library habit by actually going out and buying a physical cd or two.

Well I went to a used cd store today.....to my utter surprise I found a cd by a band that is barely known in the fifty cents bin! The only reason I had even heard of them is because one of their songs was played on Roswell which gave them a bit of noteriety - and I have some other of their singles from the free section on Amazon and from garageband.com.

What a nice surprise! This is something I never would have found at the library.....

bdb

On the B side of life
I "buy the CD" quite a lot. If I get a CD from the library that I absolutely love, I buy it. Preferably from the band or label (I haven't heard anything that I absolutely loved from big-label bands in a long time).

If you do like the big-label bands, used record stores are great. You might have to wait until the CD has been out for a few months, though. Of course, the band doesn't make a dime from a CD you buy at the used CD store.

skruggie

The name of the band is Fisher....

BDB, in regards to the band making a dime or not, honestly that is not my concern. I almost never pay full price for cd's. Generally if I'm going to buy a physical cd it will either be in a used store, or second hand on Amazon or Ebay.

violinmathchick

I enjoy owning CD's; hence for all the music on my iTunes library, I own the physical CD.

Diana