Sometimes alarm will not go off.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

On my moms iPad I have set the alarm for 7am every morning. But for some reason it did not go off this morning and I was listening for it. It’s always, that little clock icon is always on upper right hand corner. But for some reason it did not go off. can you think of any reason why? The volume is always up all the way too, I check it.

cjmnews

Staff member
I have seen this too. Usually when traveling between time zones. Though I have seen it while in a single time zone, the alarm went off late. Not sure why.

If this happens regularly a Restore would be recommended with a backup in iTunes, etc.

DR0570

It happened again this morning....alarm did not go off. And the iPad (my moms) never leaves this place.

cjmnews

Staff member
You could try a few things:
  1. Reboot the iPad see if this helps.
  2. Make sure your bedtime Wake time is not at the same time as the Alarm, it may cause neither to sound.
  3. Delete the alarm and make it again
  4. Make sure the iPad is not sounding the alarm over a Bluetooth device that is off (turn off Bluetooth) or through headphones that you are not wearing, low volume could also cause this.
  5. Update iOS, as there may be an issue in older iOS version.
  6. Restore the iPad