Something strange...Help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

Ok so yesterday I imported some tracks in the iTunes library and the onto the ipod. So this am I went to do the same thing...I pulled up iTunes and now the library is gone! Suddenly I have only a few albums when I had thousands! And every track listed has the cloud symbol! What the )(*&%^ has happened!
The playlists, genres, composers are all gone!

But the library on the iPod itself seems correct.

cjmnews

Staff member
Did you try and update iTunes yesterday or today? These upgrades can occasionally screw up your library.

Then you have a backup of your library in the Previous iTunes Libraries folder and you can copy the one with the latest date up to the iTunes folder, remove the date and have your library back.

If you didn't update, I would suspect a power failure or some other invalid shutdown scenario erased the library. You can use the Previous iTunes Library copy of the newest library, but it may be out of date any songs or playlists you added since the date on the file will need to be re-added or created. The re-add is fairly simple, as you can add the entire music folder back into iTunes and the duplicate detection SHOULD prevent duplicated from being added.