Some songs burn and not others. New.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

VetteHead

I like to burn random music CD's for my car. I have been doing this for years. Always a different playlist.
Recently and especially today I can no longer burn some songs but can burn others. The CD will burn 8 songs instead of the 14 I told it to burn. They are just grayed out as it is burning.

This is odd.

I have Mac OS 10.8.5 and iTunes 11.4 and do not want to upgrade the OS at all. Ever. iTunes maybe if it will resolve this.

Any help will be most appreciative as I posted on Apple's forums and they don't seem interested in helping.

Jack

cjmnews

Staff member
That is odd. I have not seen that.

My guess is that these songs that won't burn have been burned on to previous CDs. There is a limit to the number of CD burns a playlist gets. Maybe you hit that limit. The work around is to delete the playlist, create a new one, and burn that one.

My other guess is the songs are there in the library but not as song files. Like the song files were moved using Finder or your disc is going bad and the files are missing now. Try playing the songs that won't burn.

The last guess is duration. Too many songs for an audio CD. Usually caused by adding long songs to the beginning of the disc. Though in Windows we would get a warning that the playlist would make 2 CDs, not skip burning the songs.

teepee

Hi, I was having the same issue. Easy fix... just go into your music library and make sure that all of the songs that are on your playlist (that you want to burn) are CHECKED - ie. have a check mark next to them. I found that the songs that were greyed out in my playlist hadn't been checked. Hope this helps!