some iphone questions regarding sharing and disk use

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ilnick

1. Are they shareable with another iPhone user once bought or is there a lock on them?

2. Is it possible to sync my iphone with my work Mac as well as my home one?

Right now I have my playlist in my home mac. I want to be able to sync it with my PC laptop and work G5 but I don't want to have to carry another HD. Is it possible with the iphone?

3. how could i use it like my old 4G ipod, as an external HD?

4. is there a way to extract the music from the iphone like Senuti did for the ipod?

thanks! :confused:

daihard

ilnick said:
1. Are they shareable with another iPhone user once bought or is there a lock on them?
2. Is it possible to sync my iphone with my work Mac as well as my home one?
Right now I have my playlist in my home mac. I want to be able to sync it with my PC laptop and work G5 but I don't want to have to carry another HD. Is it possible with the iphone?
3. how could i use it like my old 4G ipod, as an external HD?
4. is there a way to extract the music from the iphone like Senuti did for the ipod?
1. I take it you want to use one iPhone with multiple SIMs. If so, I don't think it's possible - not in the U.S. anyway.

2. Not officially. There may be a tool that allows you to do that, but I don't know of any.

3. The iPhone cannot be used as an external drive. That's one of the differences between the traditional iPods and the iPhone. You could store files on it using a third-party application such as FileMagnet.

4. I don't have an answer to that question. :(

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
2) Use manual sync on both computers and move music around as desired.

3) You can use an App like DataCase ($6.99) or FileMagnet ($4.99) to use the iPhone as an external drive. Both work via wireless networks only though. Both are available on the Apps store and I prefer DataCase as it allows you to catagorize the content folders on the iPhone and works via the Macs Finder or Windows Explorer as a remote volume. FileMagnet requires a seperat program on the computer to be open to upload files.