Software suggestion for Custom chapter names and art?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

spacewalker

(Note: Software for Windows only please...)

I've read online about taking mp3s (such as from ripped CD's of Audio Books on CD that I own, OR from legal downloaded mp3s audio books, such as from libravox etc) and using a program like Chapter & Verse or mp3Merge (or something like that, I couldn't get it to work for me) to join those mp3 files, convert to AAC via iTunes if necessary and make an Audiobook.

I did that as a test with Chapter & Verse, and it worked okay, but I don't see anyway to modify the Chapter names (I just get a standard Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc in the final "audiobook"), or any way to assign ALBUM ART to those chapters.

Is there any software, even reputable paid software, that gives that level of control so I can:
1) Take mp3s and build my own audiobooks with full bookmarking?
2) Title the chapters the way I want (example: Matthew 1:1-2:13)
3) Apply Art work to those chapters (goal is to create a "picture" that shows in text clearly what chapter I'm on. It's impossible and unsafe to read that little bitty text while driving, so I figure ALBUM ART is a great way to make readable text.

I'm computer proficient, but want reliable and tested software, and for Windows only. I don't own a mac, so any options there are out.

Thanks so much,
Spacewalker

jloden

Website
www.lodensoftware.com
spacewalker,

If you are trying to get custom chapter names to show up on an iPhone/ipod with iOS 5.0 or later you are out of luck until Apple fixes their OS

Apple broke the ability to see chapter names for the iPad completely in iOS 5. You can jump from chapter to chapter using the next/prev buttons, but the chapter list view shows nothing.

On the iPhone/iPod touch you can at least see chapters, although they are always named Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and so on, regardless of what chapter name is actually in the file... as you have found out.

There are issues with cover art not showing while an audiobook is playing for iOS 5.1 on the iPad (not sure about iPhone).

There are several threads in the apple discussions forum about the multiple audiobook issues in iOS 5. Apple really messed up when it came to audiobooks in iOS 5.

You can verify that the correct chapter names are in the audiobook by playing it in iTunes. The "Chapters" menu option will appear when you play an audiobook. Select the menu and you will see the correct chapter names.

In addition to adding chapters to your audiobook, Chapter and Verse also allows you to add images for each chapter. On the Chapters Tab in Chapter & Verse, select a chapter and then click on the "Add Image" button. Once you add an image, you must add images for all chapters, otherwise you will get just a colored box for those that are missing images. Again you can verify on iTunes (does appear to still work in iOS 5 though).

FYI... I am the developer of Chapter and Verse.

spacewalker

Thanks for Chapter and Verse

Thanks for responding and for the Chapter and Verse program. On my 2nd attempt at C&V I hit success and found I got the chapter names and I found a great way to make the album art for the project I wanted it for initially. (Hint: Use your favorite paint program, create a white square (I can't remember the size I used, maybe 300x300), and used blank font at a great size to type in the chapter name I wanted.

Now when it's playing (I only had time to create one 10 chapter "book" so far) I can see and actually read the "album art" image, whereas I can't read the tiny scrolling print above the play-time bar when it's in the car.

I've got to try a few more things to get it just right for the project I've got in mind, but without your tool I don't think I could have even had a chance to create a readable, bookmarkable, audiobook complete with custom Album art.

Thank you SO much!