So the new Nano DOES take pics right?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Code Monkey

No, even though I also assumed it must function as a camera, iFixit and some other sources I've seen are saying it is just a video camera. Apple's spec sheet confirms this as well, odd and sad. I guess there is now one more logical thing they can add to the nano in spite of my earlier posts.

Why in heck would you add a full motion video + sound capture element and not let it take still pics? Low res or not, it seems, as you said, odd.

Last edited:

AmazingDM

No, even though I also assumed it must function as a camera, iFixit and some other sources I've seen are saying it is just a video camera. Apple's spec sheet confirms this as well, odd and sad. I guess there is now one more logical thing they can add to the nano in spite of my earlier posts.

Why in heck would add a full motion video + sound capture element and not let it take still pics? Low res or not, it seems, as you said, odd.
hahaha I guess I was wrong after all. (Btw are there two monkeys on the forum...surf and code? lol).

It's ok I have a separate digital camera and a cellphone. I have way too many consumer electronics

Bren86

No pics? wow lol thats kinda crap. I'll wait for the nano 6g next year, maybe it will take pics and have a capacity upgrade.

CaliGirl

I was wondering about that. So no pics, that sux. I prefer pics over video.

The pics would look bad anyways? So how 'bout the video quality?

jasoncordelle

I just don't get it.

every cellphone on the market that has a camera takes stills - regardless of quality. I don;t know of a single one that only takes video.

For that matter I can't think of a single video camera these days that doesn't allow you to take stills either!

So strange. Just more junk on a media player that's totally not necessary and will chew up what space it has available.

colonel_butt

I just don't get it.

every cellphone on the market that has a camera takes stills - regardless of quality. I don;t know of a single one that only takes video.

For that matter I can't think of a single video camera these days that doesn't allow you to take stills either!

So strange. Just more junk on a media player that's totally not necessary and will chew up what space it has available.
believe me, you don't want to take picture with a vga camera

apple added this as a way of uploading videos to youtube. Its also fun to take the occasional family or "in the pub" video. but its not meant to be anything high quality