So how do I switch from T-Mobile to AT&T?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

I want to keep my same number.
Right now I'm with T-Mobile on my mom's family plan.
When the iPhone is available for preorder I want to sign up for it.. but I want to transfer my old #. If I transfer my old # does that disconnect me from t-mobile immediately?

What do I need to transfer my #?

hardcle

I'm seeing conflicting information on this. Some say that you'd have to set up an individual account on T-Mobile first, but I did see where one person was able to do it with the account holder's information. You'll have to get on the phone with AT&T and T-Mobile and see what they say.

AmazingDM

tmobile guy tried to pressure me into some android phone or whatever like 3 times... so annoying.

But anyway my mom and myself are both getting iphones so we're both switching
she wants a new # though

liao_chi_fu

Basically you need to cancel t-mobile first, and then go to At&t to open the account asking if you can use this number. If it is still available, the odds is that you can own it again,

punk_r0x

Website
www.xanga.com
Basically you need to cancel t-mobile first, and then go to At&t to open the account asking if you can use this number. If it is still available, the odds is that you can own it again,
Do not do this, you will lose your number! I'm in the same boat as you, switching from Verizon and I want to pre-order but I'm not sure when the activation will take place. However I do know when you switch carriers you're supposed to keep your account open, and AT&T will take care of canceling when they switch the number over. Then you get a final bill from t-mobile. As hardcle says, if your t-mobile account is in your mom's name you will probably need her to approve the number transfer.

Phantom465

I changed from Sprint to Verizon a couple years ago. I gave them the number, and they did the transfer from Sprint. They took care of everything really. I just got a final bill from Sprint. I had completed my contract with them, so there were no extra fees.

I don't know if AT&T will do that, but you should check. They may as if you want to import / use the phone number from your current carrier when you activate your phone.

hardcle

But anyway my mom and myself are both getting iphones so we're both switching
she wants a new # though
Then you should be in good shape. When you go to sign up for service have your mom bring her T-Mobile account information including the account password. Tell them you want to port your number over. AT&T will send the request to T-Mobile. When it goes through, your T-Mobile phone will be shut off and your shiny new iPhones will be active. When I ported my number from T-Mobile in 2008, the process was completed by the time I got home from the Apple Store.

cobaltek

Need to clarify some Tmobile Info here???

Then you should be in good shape. When you go to sign up for service have your mom bring her T-Mobile account information including the account password. Tell them you want to port your number over. AT&T will send the request to T-Mobile. When it goes through, your T-Mobile phone will be shut off and your shiny new iPhones will be active. When I ported my number from T-Mobile in 2008, the process was completed by the time I got home from the Apple Store.
OK so Im on Tmobile with my wife both using jbroken iphone 3g's.

We are switching to ATT to get the new iphones.

I am the primary account holder. We are both getting iphone 4 pre order.

Most important: I want to get them both using apple store online method and keep both old phone #'s.

I just went through the apple online start process to see how it looks:

New:

Create a new account for two or more iPhones on a FamilyTalk Plan.

I go through the plan choices then I get to the keep phone # screen.

Yes it wants my phone # thats easy.

Then it wants account #? I logged into my tmobile account online and found my account # by looking at my online statement. I just want to confirm thats the account # apple needs to know?

Lastly the bigger question the last field is password? Is that the password I use to login to my online account or do I need to call tmobile and get some other password? The only password I know of is my online login password.

Also Neither phones currently have a password assinged to use them so if thats the case do I leave that blank?

I realize I need to keep tmobile open for the phone #'s to transfer and will auto close the old tmobile account after the new phones are activated when I get them in the mail.

Thanks for any expert help to get this ready for the switch.

hardcle

Then it wants account #? I logged into my tmobile account online and found my account # by looking at my online statement. I just want to confirm thats the account # apple needs to know?

Lastly the bigger question the last field is password? Is that the password I use to login to my online account or do I need to call tmobile and get some other password? The only password I know of is my online login password.

Also Neither phones currently have a password assinged to use them so if thats the case do I leave that blank?

I realize I need to keep tmobile open for the phone #'s to transfer and will auto close the old tmobile account after the new phones are activated when I get them in the mail.

Thanks for any expert help to get this ready for the switch.
Yes, that's the account number you want. Your online password should also work, it did for me when I switched from the old AT&T to T-Mobile and when I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T to get my iPhone 3G.

cobaltek

Thanks!!!

Yes, that's the account number you want. Your online password should also work, it did for me when I switched from the old AT&T to T-Mobile and when I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T to get my iPhone 3G.
COOL!!!! Well Thank you so much I was just dreading the need to call T-Mobile and figue this out. Decided to look here once more for info before the call and your reply just saved me valuable time and dealing with T-Mobile trying to talk me into staying that wont happen I want the iPhone 4 ASAP LOL.

Others tell me it might be my last 4 SS# or the pin I use to check voicemail but if you have done this using your online login password I will try it.

Just to be clear this is what you entered to change from T-Mobile to the iphone at the Apple Online Store? What happens will it verify this on the spot and if its not correct not let me purchase?

Thanks Again for the info.