So how can I move my iTunes to another PC as if it had never moved?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

This is a pretty general question but I want to get specific.

I don't care about ratings/playcounts/dates or anything like that. I DO care about podcast settings/subscriptions, album art, playlists, what music I have in my library etc.

I have itunes on a laptop right now but I am going to get an EEE PC (Asus 1000he) and will be using it much more and I think I will enjoy using iTunes on it much more. I would like to move my current iTunes to that laptop with all the same music on it. My music is stored on an external harddrive though so I can always move it as long as it's found in a harddrive labeled "M" (for Music) by iTunes.

Will I have to do anything with my iPod Nano itself... like will iTunes realize it was from a different computer and make it restore itself? Not a big deal..

S2_Mac

When you're ready to wrap things up on the old PC, just do this:
0) If you're abandoning the old PC and have content purchased from the iTunes Store, this would be a good time to deauthorize the old PC.
1) Quit iTunes; connect external to old PC; copy the "iTunes" folder to the external (folder is at C:\\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes); disconnect external from old PC.
2) Download and install iTunes on new PC; launch iTunes once, just to let it get it set up; if iTunes asks about searching for music, tell it No; quit iTunes.
3) Connect external to new PC, making sure it has the same drive letter as on the old PC -- if not, go into Computer Management and set it to "M"; now replace the new PC's just-created "iTunes" folder with the copy on the external (if new machine is Vista, the "iTunes" folder is at C:\\Users\<user>\Music\iTunes)

That's it -- the new PC now has the same iTunes playlists, ratings, counts, etc. as the old PC. Take a moment to go into Edit menu -> Preferences -> Advanced and make sure the "iTunes Music folder location" is set to the external. (And set your other prefs, as well -- this procedure does not carry over prefs from your old PC. And, if you have content purchased from the iTunes Store, authorize the new PC.)

When you connect the iPod to the new PC, iTunes will treat it like a new iPod -- it will ask if you want to associate this iPod with this computer, and then it will offer to sync.

AmazingDM

Oh, another thing, can I go back and forth between computers? Or is it like once you go to one you can't go to the other?

S2_Mac

You can go from one to the other...but p'bly not in the way you expect. If you sync the iPod to Computer A, it will get whatever content is in Computer A's iTunes. If you then sync the iPod to Computer B, the iPod will get whatever content is in Computer B's iTunes -- meaning that all the content from Computer A will be wiped from the iPod, and Computer A's iTunes won't be updated with ratings, counts, dates, etc. from the iPod.

To mix two computers' content onto one iPod, set the iPod to be manually managed.