Smartlist problem: synching the whole album on Ipod/Iphone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Alviarin

Hi,

I have bought an Iphone 3G of 16Gig.
Now I have a huge music collection. The library in Itunes is larger than what I can put on my Iphone. (it is not larger than my Ipod classic).
I had the idea to put only my best albums on my Iphone.

So I rated my albums with 4 and 5 stars and made a smartlist of it.
This gave me a collection of about 35 Gig.

So I limited it to 1500 songs with a time period: last played longer than one month.

I had the idea that when I did this I could synch all the albums not played one month ago to a maximum of 1500 songs on my Iphone.

But it doesn't seem to work that way.
1. Itunes does limit just radomly 1500 songs and does not take in account that it should take whole albums up to 1500 songs. So I don't have the whole album in my list.
2. When playing songs on my Iphone and after synchronisation the played songs are replaced. But I just want to replace the whole album when I played it completely and not if I played a few songs.

So question:
How do I set up a smartlist of several complete albums limited to a certain amount of songs and make the smartlist synch with the Iphone when only the album will be replaced when it's played completely?

Any tips?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Even though smartplaylists can select things by "album" etc, it still deals in "tracks" It does not recognize "full" albums really.

You can't force a single smartplaylist to guarantee a complete album.