Smart playlists not updating on-the-fly

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kosh

Vorlon Ambassador
Good morning, all.

I've got a 4g iPod photo (60gb firmware v1.2). I have created a smart playlist for all my unrated music. I then use this to go through and rate the various tracks.

Previously, once I rated the tracks on the iPod they were removed from the playlist, and if I re-entered that playlist again later, they were gone from the listing. Now, however, when I rate those tracks they are not removed from the playlist and still show up until I plug in the iPod to the computer and update with iTunes.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

dimmer

Lounge Lizard
Unluckily the only thing you can do is to go back to an earlier version of the firmware. I restored my firmware using iPod Updater 2005-03-23, which I think is the last one in which the smart playlists worked as they should. Unluckily podcast support is not so good - on my one you have to manually delete podcasts off the ipod now.

The smart playlists work absolutely fine on the nano by the way, so presumably the only thing stopping Apple from fixing this problem is that they can't be bothered correcting their own mistake.

Kosh

Vorlon Ambassador
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it, even if ya did have bad news. ;) I just don't want to have to delete the entire thing, downgrade the firmware, and then re-transfer the library (currently 53gb) again. :( ugh. That'll take all night even with the firewire connection. LOL

oh well, guess I have to do what I have to do to get this working right, since it seems Apple can't. ;)

Kosh

Vorlon Ambassador
thanks!

Now, how can I go about getting my paws on an older firmware version? I can't get 'em from Apple's site (I just tried). Is there a site out there that has some of the older ones? Time to go Google, I think. :D

Thanks for the heads-up, by the way.