smart playlist shuffling on ipod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mizzle

i know how to make a smart playlist but how can it shuffle ...example...i want all my coldplay stuff on a playlist but i want it to shuffle not play in order of albums...any ideas?
i did a smart playlist with artist contains coldplay

~tl

Just turn on shuffle on the iPod (Settings>Shuffle>Songs) and select the playlist, or any of the songs from it. It should now play in shuffle mode.

TOM

mizzle

but wouldnt that shuffle all my playlists...i'd rather just shuffle this one
on the other hand its not that big of a deal i just thought it would be nice to have the ipod shuffle on its own...i can arrange them in a random order
thanks for the help

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
the other alternative is to shuffle the order of your 'coldplay' playlist in itunes, then sync your ipod to randomize this one playlist. if you leave your ipod in normal play mode (not shuffle) then this playlist will play in "random order" because that's the way you defined it. to do this:

go to your playlist and click on the song number column (left side). then click the shuffle button on the bottom-left of your screen, that will shuffle the order of songs. now, right-click on the playlist's name and select 'copy to play order' to make this random order the default sort order. when you sync your ipod the playlist will go in with this random order. each time you sync you can repeat this process if you periodically want a different play order.

~tl

rockmyplimsoul said:
the other alternative is to shuffle the order of your 'coldplay' playlist in itunes, then sync your ipod to randomize this one playlist. if you leave your ipod in normal play mode (not shuffle) then this playlist will play in "random order" because that's the way you defined it. to do this:

go to your playlist and click on the song number column (left side). then click the shuffle button on the bottom-left of your screen, that will shuffle the order of songs. now, right-click on the playlist's name and select 'copy to play order' to make this random order the default sort order. when you sync your ipod the playlist will go in with this random order. each time you sync you can repeat this process if you periodically want a different play order.
The only problem with that is that you can't reshuffle the playlist on the go.

TOM

Kain

S, there is no other way to shuffle everything? I just want to shuffle my smartlists, not albums nor anything else.

snowdog99

Whats the problem?
You turn shuffle on on the iPod when you want it, turn it off when you don't. Hardly rocket science.

Code Monkey

OK, here's how to do what you want (using Coldplay as an example)

PLAYLIST RANDOM COLDPLAY
Match ALL
{Artist IS Coldplay}
{Last played IS NOT IN THE LAST 5 days}
Select 50 songs at random
Make sure to have live updating checked and that you're using a recent firmware revision if on a 4G or mini.

You can change the 'days played' or total songs selected, but that will do what you want. Each time you exit out of the playlist and come back you'll find it's refreshed itself