Smart playlist orphaned files

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

cjmnews

Staff member
I got your original post stating that the anti-virus removal made the playlists update properly. Which is a good sign.

As for the videos remaining on the phone, I have the same behavior! But I am willing to bet this is the multi-sync problem again. If you sync a second time do they go away? I am syncing as I type to see what happens. In my case the copy of these videos have been deleted from iTunes and my hard drive. They are not purchased, and the copies were duplicates of a full length movie.

Yes the second sync cleared them off the phone. Interestingly enough the storage amount didn't change between the first and second sync. Implying that the data was already removed, just some of the listings of the data were not removed.

I edited the original post as I was only checking the On My Device under Films. That said there were no films on my phone but the iPhone Storage in Settings and the Downloaded area of the TV app said all 5 were still there.

I'll try syncing twice tonight to see if it works although I'm sure I've tried that before.

I'm honestly thinking that maybe I should delete all downloads from my iPhone and Mac and just stream. That would probably solve this and my other problem of duplicated items.

Confirmed unfortunately. I unselected all film syncing and hit sync 3 times and the films are still on my phone.

cjmnews

Staff member
And you have no other references to the films? A second playlist of recently added movies? Or a recently added that does not filter out movies?

There has to be a reason for them to remain.

Nothing. In fact I switched off all syncing of everything using the main option at the top of each section (music, films etc.) and synced twice. They were still there.

I think iTunes is having problems with identifying what's in my library and what files they match to given that I constantly get duplications where one is downloaded and the other isn't.

I've deleted all downloads from my phone and laptop. I'll start again and see if that helps.