Slight noise in ipod before video???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

FiddYNick

Hey,

I just got my new ipod video today and just charged it and put my first small video clip on it. Right before the video plays i hear something spinning in ipod{HD?}, Is this normal? Has others had this problem? let me know because i will bring it back if thats the case...

Thanks Nick

WhereEaglesDare

Hey, congradulations on my new iPod. I got mine the other day, and I too was worried that it was a problem, but apparently, everybodys 5G does it, and yes, it is the HD, because it has to search to find the video. It surprised me, because, as you will notice, it will even do that when playing music, if you have album artwork enabled, and if you search through songs. My mini never did this, or made any sort of noise, especially one I could "feel", so I was afraid somethign was wrong with it. But apparently all 5G iPods do this, and it's not a problem.

FiddYNick

Thanks my mini didnt do it either..What is weird was i bought a 60GB then went back and got the 30GB, but maybe the 60 wouldnt make this noise???anyway i just dont think the extra 120 will be worth it? couldnt make up my mind at the mall today....

WhereEaglesDare

I do know that the 60GB has more RAM than the 30GB, which improves battery life AND plays songs faster, album artwork isn't slow to load, etc... So, it might not make the noise, I'm not sure, but it probably will. Also, if you have album artwork enabled, or when you scip through songs, dont' be worried if you hear some noises, and it temporarily "freezes" for about a second. Apparently, this happens to everybodys new 5G, and isn't a problem, it's just the HD, but like you, yeah, I was worried, because my mini didn't make any noise that I could hear at all.

Tekki

I swear it happens on every iPod or at least the 4G.

The HDD must spin for it to access information, so hearing/feeling the vibrations isn't such a big deal.

I'd care more if you couldn't hear anything! :p