slide thing on headphones?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

A z Te K

there is a little slide thing on the headphones included in the iPod remote pack and in the shuffle

what is it for?

Attachments

swy32x

I solve the problem by using different headphones :)

I'm pretty sure all iPods manufactured after the shuffle's release has the slidey thing.

swy32x

Depends what your budget is ;)

I'd suggest heading over to the Earphones forum and first searching, then if you dont find your answer, inquiring there.

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
2 of my 4g 20GB ipods from later 2004 didnt come with the adjuster. But my new 4g 20GB from febuary Did come with it. I liked it. Accept now the earbuds died..

LHZ

Aww, I'd love to have that little thing, my buds get tangled up so easily. I don't really want to use a different kind of headphone because

1. They look awesome, and are very compact and portable
2. They work fine
3. I have other things to spend $ on

I

i N e s s

That is really nice to know. I have yet to unpackage my stock earbuds though.

LHZ

Hey - (directs comment at moonwalker)
I just got my "replacement" (mine aren't broken) pair of headphones. These ones DO have the slide to untangle! It's nice to have some spiffy new headphones, plus now I can keep a pair in my backpack and a pair in the house. I ordered it friday, it came monday.

I was thinking.....I wonder if I could request a "replacement" remote...

or dock for that matter :D

Brad Isaac

Website
www..PocketPCaddict.com
I have a pair of these with the slide. They came with my 20GB ipod. But I find the headphones themselves so uncomfortable to wear. I had heard that the earbuds on the ipod were actually some of the most comfortable to wear. So I wonder if there is a difference between the original buds and these?

Or does anyone know if there are any "comfort mods" I could use to make these more enjoyable? Currently, after about 1 hour of wear, I've got ear aches in both ears. Not from the volume..I keep that low so I can hear my kids, etc.

carpediembp

i know this is an old thread, but i have to add my $.02

i use the slider all the time, to get them untangled, and i also use it when im not listening to music, when i turn off the ipod i slide the slider all the way to the top (meeting headphones) and put it over my head like a necklace and it just hangs around my neck. simple and no pocket tangling.

LHZ

Good idea :D
Unless you're walking around a city....damn iPod robberies

That's cool though, I want to do that, it gets tangled up in my pockets.