Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Smoking-Ink%2527d-Earbuds-%2528SC%252dINK%2527D%252fBLK%2529/dp/B000Q74102/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213668792&sr=8-1

Amazon has them for $29.99, but I just picked up a pair at FYE for $8.99. My friend told me about them, but I was very skeptical. The glowing reviews on Amazon and the low price point swayed me to purchase them and WOW!

So much clarity and noise cancellation for under $10?! I'm just awestruck at the moment. I would encourage anyone to buy a pair and hear for yourself, even if it's only a secondary pair.

Has anyone else tried these?

jasoncordelle

RatherPlayHalo said:
http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Smoking-Ink%2527d-Earbuds-%2528SC%252dINK%2527D%252fBLK%2529/dp/B000Q74102/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213668792&sr=8-1

Amazon has them for $29.99, but I just picked up a pair at FYE for $8.99. My friend told me about them, but I was very skeptical. The glowing reviews on Amazon and the low price point swayed me to purchase them and WOW!

So much clarity and noise cancellation for under $10?! I'm just awestruck at the moment. I would encourage anyone to buy a pair and hear for yourself, even if it's only a secondary pair.

Has anyone else tried these?
If they're as good as the Smokin' Buds, then they will be really good value for money.

quazimeto

Smokin'

I have had the smokin' buds for 6 months and I love them. It took me a while to break them in, but now they are comfortable and do a good job of noise passive rejection.

They sound great. The bass could be better, but for the $20 I sent, they are very good. Glad to hear that the Ink'd buds are so good. Great deal.

bhome83

wait, so is there two different versions of the smokin buds? One seems to say inked and the other not. I have the inked ones i got for $10. So are they other ones more popular/better?

boobaloo

lol wth is with the inflated price. they were on amazon not long ago for 15 dollars.
their regular price is 15 dollars i know. i got mine on sale for 13 a while back from target.
they are ok for their price. but you are getting what you are paying for, they lack clarity. but well compared to ipod headphones most things are superior. they certainly don't match the ex headphones that come with the walkmans. and even those are far from perfection.

Last edited:

kylo4

bhome83 said:
wait, so is there two different versions of the smokin buds? One seems to say inked and the other not. I have the inked ones i got for $10. So are they other ones more popular/better?
There are two different kinds. The lowest end pair are priced at $10 most times and are still good (although I returned them because they hurt my ears), and the $40 ones have better sound, an inline volume changer and better bass. They then have an $80 pair of earbuds but that's pushing it.

boobaloo

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/smokinbuds-p-10.html?zenid=2292497221940ef0ed913f50f2773c72
the non ink'd ones are more costly, and look nicer and more expensive..pretty obviously.
inkd don't seem to be listed anymore on the website:p

anyways now you see how blocking noise is superior to trying to simply overpower /overwhelm it. the deeper ear/silicon seal type headphones are totally superior to the old ear bud plastic headphones which are just nightmares to listen to outside. but now you have seen how a little money makes for much better sound;) theres even better sounding music to be heard with headphones for not that much more these days. its quite nice compared to the headphone market in the past which was filled with mostly [email protected]

Last edited:

Music Hunter

i think somkin buds has way better sound than ink'd although i had both the smokin buds just sound way better.

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
Music Hunter said:
i think somkin buds has way better sound than ink'd although i had both the smokin buds just sound way better.
I just got back from returning a pair of Smokin' Buds that I bought today. Way too bass heavy, to the point where it's garbled. Got a second pair of INK'D instead (black to match my iPod).

Music Hunter

RatherPlayHalo said:
I just got back from returning a pair of Smokin' Buds that I bought today. Way too bass heavy, to the point where it's garbled. Got a second pair of INK'D instead (black to match my iPod).
you could use the bass reducer setting if its to bass heavy but hey people have diffrent taste.

vocrobot

There is no indication to say which one is left and right which I think is weird. Very good sound though and they cut out background noise brilliantly. I got mine for £8.99 in HMV