Skipping

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stitchersflock

So my wonderful DH gets me a brand spanking new 60gb ipod for my birthday this weekend, and the bloody thing skips! Seriously, it is a minor, one or two second skip and it happens for music or books. All of my books are audible and play fine on other players. All of the music is from legally purchased CD's. I don't get it! I resisted getting an ipod for a LONG time, and I finally become one of those people and the $400 POS skips???????? Any solutions? We both want to take it back tonight to be honest. :shake: :( :mad:

accel

what the hell is "DH"?

and what kind of music is it (mp3, ACC, etc)

stitchersflock

DH is Dear Husband

And the music is whatever format itunes converts it to from CD and I also listen to audible.com books.

accel

oh, i was thinking darling husband anyway, i'm not sure why it is skipping like that. have you tried other headphones? maybe the ones you got are defective and not getting a good connection with your ipod. if thats not the case, then i would just exachange the ipod

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
before you return your ipod, do the songs 'skip' when you play them on itunes? i had a problem with some songs skipping right at their beginning (first second or so). the 'skip' was both on my ipod and itunes, which told me that there was a problem with the native song file. it turned out that with my pc i can't use AAC encoding with VBR (variable bit rate); with VBR off i have no problems. it could be an ipod-only problem, in which case chalk it up to a manufacturing defect.

wxman2003

My ipod skips occasionally when in shuffle mode. When the song ends, and it begins to shuffle, I occasionally hear a fraction of a second of one or 2 songs before it locks on to the next song and starts playing. It does not skip once the song starts playing.

chatterbug89

I dont' think i've ever noticed skipping on my ipod before and I have a ton of 320kps MP3's. However.....Itunes skips all the time for me if I play 320kps encodded MP3's....I use winamp if i'm listenign to music with my computer anyways so I coudl care less..as long as Itunes syncs with my ipod and does syncing well, I could care less how well Itunes can play my music :p My muisc is organized in folders the same way it is organized in the playlists on my ipod, so..all is well :)

wxman2003

I determined my skipping while in shuffle is not the problem of the ipod, but in the cd's themselves. While playing through itunes, I had the same problem, and the skipping or at least the sound of it, occurred on the first songs of some cd's. The song would play, but it sounded like some other garbled music played for a split second. I deleted the songs, then copied them again, and the problem reappeared. So it is definately a problem with the cd, and not itunes or ipod.

trlovejoy

One thing about iTunes is that error checking is not turned on by default for importing CDs. Turn that on and I think it will help.

Does it ever skip on music you bought at the iTMS? That would be a good test, I think.

Ted

stitchersflock

I exchanged the defective ipod last night. The new ipod is not skipping. :)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!